Did you get to do a Segway tour?

6laurac

Original Poster
I am disappointed that the Segway tour at Epcot is going by the wayside. I loved the Keys to the Kingdom tour for behind the scenes stuff.

Did any of you get to take Segways and what did you see that was really special?

WDW 3

We did the Segway tour. I don't know about seeing anything special. You don't go backstage. We just toured World Showcase before it opened. They threw a little trivia at us but mostly it was just fun riding the Segway.

TrolleyFollower91

I did it and thought it was awesome. Honestly, you don't see anything "special" because it's a tour of World Showcase. However, the fun part for me was riding the Segway and then seeing an empty World Showcase. The little facts about the country were interesting, however I don't remember any specific ones so I guess that part wasn't that special to me :) I would have gone on it again just for being able to ride the Segway.

luv

I did it, but I was excited about riding the Segway and didn't mind that the tour info was on the lame side. They really should have split that tour up - one tour for Segway riding and one walking tour, like the old Hidden Treasures tour. More Segway would have been awesome.

I did the now-defunct Hidden Treasures of the World Showcase tour and it wasn't very good.

They really need a GOOD walking tour of the WS.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I did with my DD, it was her 16th Birthday Trip and you had to be 16, a right of passage thing on our Mother Daughter trip. It was fun. They were so easy to get the hang of, love how they stopped on a dime unlike the motor carts. We also had tried them out first in the innovation area, where you had a bit of instruction, movie and were able to ride them in a contained area. It was fun, different. I wish we would have done the tour in Fort Wilderness instead.

And for me it was all about the Segway, could careless about the "tour."

Wesleyjohn

I'm signed up and paid with a group of friends (8 of us) to do the EPcot tour in late May of this year and so far we have not heard any cancellation. I'm keeping my ears crossed!!
Don't hold your breath, I just the call for my March 4th booking. Just got cancelled. Didn't give a reason why it was cancelled.

Ariel484

Yes...we did it in June 2011 and loved it. So cool to ride around the World Showcase on the Segways. The training session was fun and the Segway and Guest Relations CMs were awesome. It was really neat to be in the park before anyone else and see CMs touching up areas in the World Showcase to get ready for opening. I thought the tour info was pretty interesting and they had us Segway around small "obstacles" in some of the countries and let us stop for photos. Really sad it's going away.

sweetpee_1993

Hubby & I did the tour in Dec 2009. It was a lot of fun. First time I had ever seen my old man feel unsteady in any physical activity. He won't ice skate or roller skate with me because, according to him, he lacks the finite coordination. Confuses me because he still can ride a bike just fine. Plays golf, fishes, all things that take some amount of coordination. He did great on the Segway but I saw an uneasiness I had never seen before. It was endearing, really. We had a wonderful time on the tour. Sad others won't have that chance now.

Marco226

I'm glad my family and I were able to do a segway tour last month. It was fun! We did the 9:30 tour, so there were guests walking around. We learned a lot of trivia about the Word Showcase while dodging the guests in electric wheelchairs and scooters who were trying to cut us off. It was like playing that old asteroids game. After dodging one scooter, three teenagers would sprint out and try to run in between us. It was great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom