Did they reopen Captain EO?

I finally got to watch it @ Epcot in person during Spring Break. (I saw the show on YouTube a few years ago) And to be honest, if Disney really wants to keep this attraction alive, they should get the digital 3D treatment like the Muppets did. This way you can see the 3D effects better because when I saw it back in March, some of the effects were out of focus at times to the point where I got a headache after the movie ended. Overall, I'm glad I saw it despite that problem.

wdwfan22

Is there something new in the works for that pavilion.. Or has the sponsors given up?

The imagination pavilion doesn't currently have any sponsor. I personally think the days of 3D attractions are over maybe the theater could be turned over to event services and hold corporate presentations inside lol.

Goofyernmost

The imagination pavilion doesn't currently have any sponsor. I personally think the days of 3D attractions are over maybe the theater could be turned over to event services and hold corporate presentations inside lol.

Or they could lock it up and use it to store Disney executive bonus's.

Weather_Lady

I think they should replace Captain EO/HISTA with a 3D ride-through film of the original Journey Into Imagination with Figment! Now there's something worth a tribute! ;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You have to remember, some of the motivation in replacing EO had to do with what was going on at the time,mnot that Disney was inspired to drop a new film there. MJ had some.... rather serious allegations at the moment, and Kodak / Disney wanted to distance themselves from the star, as I recall.

Honey was a popular brand at the time, and so it was a good, but quick fix for an embarrassing situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom