Did they reopen Captain EO?

bethymouse

Captain EO is in the building where the Honey I Shrunk the Kids 4-d Adventure was w/ Drew Carey. I am assuming it's still there. But, they need something new badly!:(

Goofyernmost

Captain EO is in the building where the Honey I Shrunk the Kids 4-d Adventure was w/ Drew Carey. I am assuming it's still there. But, they need something new badly!:(

Yes, it sadly has been reopened shortly after MJ death. It is located back where it was when EPCOT Ctr. originally opened in the Imagination building that for the last 30 years has held the "Honey, I shrunk the Audience" show (not with Drew Carey though), w/Rick Moranis.

Personally, I much prefer HISTA over Capt. Ewwwwww!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I personally like Captain EO better, it has a lot of nostolgia for me. But instead of either of those how about something brand new. Maybe with more Figment!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I for one am glad it came back. A 30 minute long 3D Micheal Jackson music video filmed when he was in his 80s prime by one of the worlds best directors?

Count me in, even if it's just for nostalgia.

When it comes to that pavilion, the ride should be of more concern then the movie next door...

steviej

I'm a pretty big MJ fan, but as far as i'm concerned, been there, done that. Thought it was great that Disney paid tribute to who in my opinion, was the greatest entertainer to ever live, but it's been open a few years, time to change it up.

I'm hoping wreck-it-Ralph is gonna be a hit, because that'd be a great spot for a 3d film about it.

RonAnnArbor

This thread keeps repeating and repeating...its a shame we don't have an archive for these most asked questions...
HISTA is NEVER returning....Captain Eo is scheduled to run until their new attraction is ready for the building -- but HISTA is not coming back. Captain Eo itself might not run that much longer -- the other parks have slowly started to close it down over the last few months. It gets great crowds at Epcot though -- was just there last weekend and on an off-peek Friday afternoon, almost every seat was filled.

This isn't new news, though --- the exact same thread has repeated here for two years....

graphite1326

I went to Capt EO a couple of weeks ago. The theater was only about 1/3 full. I remember going to HISTA and there was always a nearly full theater. Just sayin

luv

I wish they'd put HISTA back until they have something new. I don't like EO. :(

HISTA also gave the entire pavilion some continuity.

Florida_is_hot

I can not believe anybody can say "Honey I shrunk the Audience", should return.

I tried and with a lot of effort finally began to forget the awful original movies, then Disney and Kodak decided to do a 3D film the mind boggles.

I like Captain EO, and with the trouble Kodak is in unless Disney wants to develop something new on their own I do not see a new 3D film coming.

3D films maybe losing their appeal anyway.

When the original film opened you want good 3D you go to EPCOT, now with digital 3D you get better 3D effects at the AMC

swissamy

I actually miss the Honey... attraction. My kids are finally old enough to at least see it once. I wish that Disney would alternate between the 2 if that wouldnt pose too much of a hassle - although I know this isnt possible.

wiigirl

OopS.:oops: sorry. you're right. I agree. The Michael Jackson tribute should be done, and HISTA should return.

A MJ tribute would be awesome! :)
75.gif

righttrack

My take. Both films are old. It's a dated experience no matter how you look at it. Younger kids don't know anything about Honey I Shrunk the Kids (my kids don't and I've got one in college and one just starting High School). They might not know much about Michael Jackson either, but the music is there and it's pretty good. If I had to choose one or the other, I'd choose Captain EO. Ideally, WDW should be working on a new experience for this area.

psukardi

I remember EO from way back in the day and am glad it's replaced HISTA as I found it to be stale and really not that funny. More of an annoyance from the blasts of AIR or water and the like.

However, it's probably time something new goes in there. But of course that's just one of the many things EPCOT needs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom