Did the Wave open?

BellaBelle27

Original Poster
Any news on the Wave restaurant opening in the Contemporary? I thought it was supposed to open on May 31 (yesterday), but I could have been mistaken. Looking forward to hearing about it!

TowerOfTerror

I am pretty sure The Wave is not officially suppost to open until June 30th. However there are rumours going around they may have a soft opening today, where guests can walk-in, so no ADR's are going to be taken. Not completely sure though. :wave:

mrerk

Premium Member
Construction has ramped up to a furious pace on The Wave as they race to finish. The wall blocking the entrance was removed, replaced with simple black curtains. I've gotten a couple of peeks in there, it's looking good! Reservations are now being taken for dinner for dates starting June 7th, and all three meal periods starting the next day June 8th. More likely than not, in the interim week or so between when the Concourse Steakhouse closes on the 31st and The Wave opens, breakfast will be served at the California Grill and lunch at Chef Mickey's (no characters) to pick up the slack. This should be on a walk-in basis only, no reservations available.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=2915235&postcount=1

I believe you mixed up the two dates. The Wave opens June 30 while the Concourse Steakhouse closed yesterday, May 31. The new counter-service restaurant replacing the Concourse Steakhouse opens sometime in August.

The "Pro"

Here you go, (compliments of Chef Mickey).

Contemporary Resort - The Wave
The Wave
Disney's Contemporary Resort
Pre-opening Menu - April 2008 (subject to change)

BREAKFAST

Make your own classic Bircher Muesli, Spinach Tomato and Onion Omelet

Multigrain Mickey Waffle, Eggs Benedict, Homemade Granola.
-Featuring Organic Columbian Coffee that is shade grown, fair trade and
bird friendly.

Beta Berry Smoothie – Raspberries Non-Fat Yogurt, Peach, Mango and Honey, Antioxidant Vitamins, C, E and Beta-carotene

Supercharged Tropical Smoothie – A blend of Tropical Fruit Juices, Non-fat Yogurt and Soy Protein.

Children's Menu: Multigrain Mickey Waffle, Cereals, Pancakes, Eggs.

LUNCH

Multigrain Linguini with Rock Shrimp and Clams

Mediterranean Tuna Salad – Herb Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna with Greens,
Potatoes and Olive Toast

Angus Chuck Burger

Classic Reuben Sandwich

Spice Crusted Chicken Salad with Apples and crispy Polenta Croutons

DINNER

Pan Seared Black Cod

Grilled Marinated Flank Steak

Seasonal Vegetable Stew

Braised Lamb Shank

Grilled Beef Tenderloin

DESSERTS

Miniature styled dessert by categories
Creamy Selection
-Coconut Panna Cotta with Passion Fruit reduction
-Chocolate Mousse with Pecan-Olive Brittle
-Cheese cake with Raspberry Coulis

Palette Cleanser
-Meyer Lemon Sorbet
-Pineapple Sorbet
-Strawberry Sorbet

Healthy Selection
-Almond-Pineapple-Raisin "baklava"
-Vanilla Braised Pineapple
-Carrot-Zucchini Cake with Yogurt Panna Cotta

Contemporary Selection
-Salty Caramel with Chocolate Mousse
-Lemon Corn Bread with Vanilla Panna Cotta
-Sautéed Blueberries with Yogurt Gelato

BEVERAGES
Wine - Southern Hemisphere Wines with a Twist. Featuring Wines from Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa.

Beers- Featuring Wolaver’s Certified Organic Ales

Specialty Cocktails- Passion Fruit Mojito, Antioxidant Cosmo, Pure-tini (with Organic Vodka and Mango), X-Fusion Lemonade (Organic Mango, Passion Fruit Juice and Lemonade)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom