Did I miss out?

tntwill0605

we were there 2 weeks ago sitting down at the water at fort wilderness when a cm came up and asked some people if they were here to watch the fireworks they said yes she said it was your lucky day and took them out on a boat to watch the fireworks

JustPlainBill

I don't know that anytime is accurate. I was a CM and sometimes you just want to talk to the people and see if they are having a good time, where they came from, etc.

It would be kind of scary as CMs if every guest expected to get something because a CM came up and talked to them....
Of course I don't mean that I expect to get something when approached by a CM, in my experience, the majority of the time spent on Disney property I have been addressed cordially by Disney CMs, but our interaction was mostly based on some kind of service being provided, either purchasing something, loading onto a ride, etc. Yeah, there were times that I was waiting around for a parade or something else and a CM would strike up a conversation, but it was usually only after giving them eye contact first. I'm only saying if a CM approaches you out of the blue and goes that extra mile to get your attention, tapping you on the shoulder, waving their arms about or even tackling you, it could be something much more than them saying "Hi".

SewIn2Disney

This past August, my bf and I were chosen to be the Grand Marshals of the Share a Dream Come True Parade in the MK.

Not to be closed-minded, but for something like being in a parade you'd think they'd choose a family with kids in the vicinity.

We're in our 20's---no kids in sight, yet they still chose us! :)

I don't necessarily agree with that. My DH, MIL, and I travel to WDW 2-3 times a year. While we don't have children yet- that doesn't mean that we wouldn't LOVE the opportunity to be in the parade. We spend just as much money in the world as families with children. I think it's great that Disney would ask a couple without kids.

I think people think they always choose families with children because that's what makes up majority of the park goers---it's mostly families and less couples.

What kind of costume was the CM wearing?

I don't think the Dream Squad is the ones to pick out who gets to be in the parade----for us in August, it was Dean, a nice man in charge of the parade.
We were taking pictures of the windows on Main Street early the morning of the parade (while others were rushing to grab their fastpasses for the day), so that probably made us stand out. Dean came up to me and asked me how my vacation was going, and if I'd done anything special. I told him that just being there was special enough. Then he asked the (apparently famous) question--"what are you doing this afternoon" and if we'd be there for the parade. Then he asked us if we'd like to be the Grand Marshals--I started jumping and smiling like a nut. He showed us where to meet and when. It was the most amazing experience. We met backstage, where we were introduced to the family who won the castle stay (who'd be in the car travelling behind us) We got to ride with Horace, and then after the parade we had special seating to watch the rest of the parade (with our new castle suite winner friends). Then we got a certificate, the embroidered mouse ears, and a coupon for a free 5x7 picture (they had a photo pass photographer taking pictures of us down the route).
All in all---an amazing experience, and I don't know anything that could top it!

Sorry its so long winded---but I just wanted to prove that people without children can get chosen, and its not the dream squad that picks you---Dean was in khaki pants and a button down shirt---very plain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom