Did Disney push too far this time?

Disorbust

Over the past 20 years I have watched Disney decrease their value and people STILL go but this time I think they have created the perfect storm and it may just bite them.

Crazy room rates compared to offsite and no real benefit to onsite. Guest will have to make up the difference in their budget for the Genie and this is the push to shorter stays and offsite. If I can afford 800/night for a deluxe I can afford the Four Seasons. The ikeaization of YBC, price and the parking charge pushed us away from our favorite resort. Now it either Bonnet Creek or AoA. AoA is my 88yo Moms request because it "feels" like she's at Disney not the Marriot.

Terrible food service and quality. Why stay onsite when I'll be dining at Disney Springs instead of the resort or the parks. Sorry but for what they offer and charge I'm going elsewhere. Our Pre-Covid tripJiko had 4 entrees on the menu and their "Lion King price fix menu"went to the Boathouse instead. The future California Grill, I'm looking at you. Look at the recent reviews for Cape May and Ohana

Milenials and Gen Z grew up more with Harry Potter and this may be the push to go to UO. Express included in their "high end resorts" and their value resort are much better then WDW.

The Lake Nona move is a show. No one knows "for sure" who will be moving there from WDW, not sure whats happening on the West coast. My DD tells me about the comparison between eagles and ducks with employees. The Eagles are the ones who are great at what they do and if I am a "eagle", in this job market, it would be very hard to get me to move to Florida. They seem to forget that there is consideration for kids and spouses/partners and their careers. They will be left with alot of ducks.

Vegas Disney Fan

So what you’re saying is you’re part of the problem. You go back and keep going back regardless of negative changes.

Disney won’t listen unless we speak with our wallets.
Feel free to boycott them, I have no intention of depriving myself of amazing vacations because they changed a couple policies, those policies haven’t changed the fact they are still the best theme parks in the world.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
So what you’re saying is you’re part of the problem. You go back and keep going back regardless of negative changes.

Disney won’t listen unless we speak with our wallets.

No, what you're implicitly saying is the Disney should absorb all new costs (wage increases, raw goods, government mandates, and new construction) and provide the same products no matter how cost-ineffective they are.

cheezbat

Feel free to boycott them, I have no intention of depriving myself of amazing vacations because they changed a couple policies, those policies haven’t changed the fact they are still the best theme parks in the world.
You must have money to constantly be planning vacations to Disney. The majority of people cannot do that.
mom glad you enjoy them, but honestly Disney In America MAY still be the best parks here….but there are others catching up…and Disney in Tokyo is FAR superior to anything here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom