did any of the parks close due to capacity?

fosse76

Not to make light of this, because it would stink to get to WDW and be turned away.

But, high attendance at WDW means that this bad economy has not effected WDW yet.

We should look at attendance levels and not the DOW when judging the state of the economy.

Most vacations are planned and budgeted several months in advance, so only a marginal dip in attendance was probably expected. The number of people at Disney is or any other vacation destination is not a good indicator, particularly when the economic circumstances have only been extreme for a few months. If gas prices or the economy doesn't improve, Disney should expect a large drop in domestic guests next summer.

MAGICFLOP

that is tooo funny. i would hate to be the person to tell all those people, sorry but we are filled to comp. i always wondered: are you guaranteed admission if you are staying on property?

Heuck, Sorry folks the park is close, The moose should have told ya !!!

MAGICFLOP

I was at MK on 6/30 and when I entered at about 11am I asked the man at the turnstiles what the attendance was approx. He said at that point it was about 50K. I wanted to ask the boat captain, but on the ferry he is inaccessable in the little both.

sportzfrk480

I was at MK on 6/30 and when I entered at about 11am I asked the man at the turnstiles what the attendance was approx. He said at that point it was about 50K. I wanted to ask the boat captain, but on the ferry he is inaccessable in the little both.

I am a captain on those boats... and i will tell ya, those guys on the turnstiles have a much better idea than us on how many are in the park... because although we can tell you how many have come on the ferry, we have no way of telling how many came across the lagoon on the monorail, or from the resorts... and if you got any questions to ask us come down to the lower deck there is a deckhand there, just find them.

Oh... and yes, we do get a daily attendance goal/estimation but it is just that, an estimation, and generally only the managers are told what it is.

RiversideBunny

I am a captain on those boats... .

Your'e a ferry boat captain. Cool ! :cool:

What's your top speed if you put the throttle all the way up?

Are you instrument rated so you don't get lost at night? :lol:

Have you seen the movie where John Wayne is a ferry boat captain -

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Alley-L..._bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1215628597&sr=8-1

Any interesting stories?
Ever crash into the dock?

I used to take a ferry across the My Tho River a lot but that was a long time ago.

Tks.
:)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Any interesting stories?

I used to take a ferry across the My Tho River a lot but that was a long time ago.

Tks.
I'll add to that....

Ever mow down one of those pesky mouse boats?

Ever have the urge to mow down one of the previously mentioned pesky mouse boats?

:drevil:

sportzfrk480

Any interesting stories?

Tks.

For those of you who would like to know... the ferry is the largest people transporter at WDW holding 600 people on one boat idealy, but i have seen some loaded with as many as around 700-750 people... top speed is about 13.5 knots or about 15.5 mph. we'll im still around so that means i havent crashed yet. i've heard some crazy stories though... but all just close calls. something else kinda fun to think about is that they are all metal boats, on water, in the center of the lightning capital of the world. all of our boats are lightning protected, but that doesn't mean we don't get hit. ;)

for you master yoda... I have yet to hit one of those sea sprites or whatever they are called now a days, but they are a pain in the rump for all of the watercraft fleet, but not nearly as much as the pontoons running all over the place tho. i believe all you need is a drivers license to get one and they have no common sense when it come to staying out of our way. a running joke with watercraft is that during the next rehab of all our boats we need to add torpedoes.

fosse76

I am surprised CMs would be able to give guests even an estimation of the number of people in the park, considering what a closely guarded secret it is. When I worked at Six Flags, they did a radio call every hour on park attendance, and usually if you were friends (or friendly with, at any rate) with the supervisor, he or she would tell you, but never would you tell a guest. They used those figures to determine staffing needs. I just don't see why any guest at Disney would NEED to be told how many are in the park(s).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom