did any of the parks close due to capacity?

it398

Original Poster
Does any one know if any of the parks closed due to capacity on the 3rd or 4th this year. i know they have in the past but wondered if they did this year?

bgraham34

I just could not imagine how people must get when they find out the park is closed. I would hate to be the CM to brings the bad news to them.

rangerbob

I must of just missed the shut down then. I arrived there somewhere around 10:30 at the TTC parking lot and was allowed to jump right onto the boat to head there. There was a large line waiting for the express monorail but nobody for the boat.

Tigger 68

I went to the MK on 7/3 during the morning left for awhile and came back at 6pm, and had no problems getting in. I was at HS and EC on 7/4 and had no problems, but heard from a CM that the MK had over 72,000 people there and was closed due to capacity.

brkgnews

I went to the MK on 7/3 during the morning left for awhile and came back at 6pm, and had no problems getting in. I was at HS and EC on 7/4 and had no problems, but heard from a CM that the MK had over 72,000 people there and was closed due to capacity.
The general way these things happen:

9AM -- Parks open... crowded, but very doable with the right amount of planning (a friend of mine hit all three MK moutains within about an hour of opening).

11AM-ish -- late risers finally make it in to the point that the park hits its first level fo capacity closures. Folks at TTC are diverted. Starting to get kind of packed in there.

2PM-ish -- after a couple of hours of long lines, cranky kids, 95-degree heat, 100% humidity, and nothing but elbows everywhere you look, folks have their fill of the "magic" for that day and start to bail, looking for something else to do.

4PM-ish -- in-park attendance drops enough due to the above-mentioned reasons that the park is able to "re-open" to new patrons.

Yankeeplex

here's how it works...Hey Jimmy, come here...I am not happy with your performance this past week...you just won the "I'm sorry, but the park is closed due to crowds" detail. Just make sure you wear your protective vest and your spit shield. If your performance does not improve, you will get the "following behind the horses on main street" detail...Capishe? Now go out there and try not to have your leg broken.

natolij02

Just curious....

Does anyone know what the park capacity is? I know one person said 72,000 people were there but I was just curious if anyone knew the exact numbers for any or all the parks.

Also does anyone know how often this park closing happens due to capacity?

That really sucks for anyone who may have had any ADR's or BBB ressies:brick:

I guess I would rather the park close and know that it's because there are so many people there and either go back to enjoy the hotel or go to another park or even DTD to avoid the crazy crowds. Crowds of that size just = total frustration!!!!

angelfaerie52

How do they close it off? For example... I am spending Christmas at Disney (on site), but I am an AP holder. We have ressies at Epcot for Candelight Processional. Will we need to get there at opening to make sure we get in? I want to drive my own car instead of using the Disney buses, so will I have just as much a shot to get in as people who use the buses?

Miss Bell

Good friends of ours are taking cruise that left out of Orlando. So, they plan to get there a day early and go to WDW for one day only--yes, they are first timers. They make plans to go to Epcot and Magic Kingdom on that day and ask us, "the Disney Experts," for any advice on getting both of these parks in on one day. What day was it? The 3rd of July!

After my husband and I stopped laughing, we plotted out a whirlwind day, that included checking at guest services before leaving Epcot that the gates were still open at MK. I got several texts throughout the day. They said it was super-crowded, but were able to do everything they wanted to.

I guess they'll start planning their next trip for New Year's Eve...

Just curious....

Does anyone know what the park capacity is? I know one person said 72,000 people were there but I was just curious if anyone knew the exact numbers for any or all the parks.

Also does anyone know how often this park closing happens due to capacity?

That really sucks for anyone who may have had any ADR's or BBB ressies:brick:

I guess I would rather the park close and know that it's because there are so many people there and either go back to enjoy the hotel or go to another park or even DTD to avoid the crazy crowds. Crowds of that size just = total frustration!!!!

None of the CM's know what the actual number for capacity is. The fire marshals at reedy creek make that call when they think it's time.

It's gotta be a really big number.

Vernonpush

here's how it works...Hey Jimmy, come here...I am not happy with your performance this past week...you just won the "I'm sorry, but the park is closed due to crowds" detail. Just make sure you wear your protective vest and your spit shield. If your performance does not improve, you will get the "following behind the horses on main street" detail...Capishe? Now go out there and try not to have your leg broken.

:ROFLOL:
Is this from experience?

jessevee

I was just at Epcot trying to go to MK on the 4th and the Cast member told me the capacity was 80,000. He said he wasn't supposed to tell me that.

Vernonpush

:ROFLOL:
Is this from experience?

Can't be from personal experience, because he neglected to mention the phrase "protective cup" :lookaroun
Maybe as a rookie CM he was already wearing it.:ROFLOL:

DicksonGR

Well we were at MK on the night of the 3rd and got in at about 5.30. Fireworks were great ....

On the 4th we passed the TTC after playing at Magnolia at around 2ish and saw cars being diverted away. We managed to get in to EPCOT again at around 5.30 and crowds were busy but I wouldn't say unmanagable. The fireworks at EPCOT were the best I've ever seen! Awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom