Diapers

disneyliv85

Original Poster
Just wondering what everyone does when it comes to bringing diapers. I've never traveled with a little one so this is a whole new world for me!

Do you just try and pack them in your bag or is there some place to buy them on property? We will be using Magical Express so we won't exactly have a car to drive to a store. If Disney has them but at insane prices I might just pack them in my bag somehow. It'll insure I have extra room for souvenirs afterward anyway.

Think I could fully potty train a one year old in a few months time? :hammer:

WDWmazprty

Just wondering what everyone does when it comes to bringing diapers. I've never traveled with a little one so this is a whole new world for me!

Do you just try and pack them in your bag or is there some place to buy them on property? We will be using Magical Express so we won't exactly have a car to drive to a store. If Disney has them but at insane prices I might just pack them in my bag somehow. It'll insure I have extra room for souvenirs afterward anyway.

Think I could fully potty train a one year old in a few months time? :hammer:

When we went we just made sure our diaper bag had plenty of them. If you happen to run out, there are those baby stations in each park as a last resort. :D

michy9916

We packed what we thought were enough for our two little kids, but ran out on day 6 - fortunately the marketplace at the Beach Club sold Huggies sizes 4 and 5 - they were small 10 packs and were $10/pack. We also brought our kids favorite snacks (cheerios) I don't think you can get them in Disneyworld - only saw fruit loops in the restaurants.

Beach Club Villas - Jan. 2009

mouselvrmom

We made sure to pack enough in our carry on to get us through the day. Then, we pack our full pack(s) in our luggage. It is cheaper to buy them at home than at disney. That way we'd also have a bit of room on the way home for souveniers.

Jessie&Buzz

We drove when our kids were little so I had plenty of room to bring full packs. I would make sure you have enough in your carry on/diaper bag for the first day and pack the rest in your check in suitcase. I would bring an unopened pack so you have plenty.

mickey7879

We flew once and drove once, but stayed off property both times and had a car. One thing that helped us was when we flew or were in the parks were to use Huggies Overnites. They are a little more expensive, but they will hold a lot more. I have to use these for my baby at night ever since he was a couple of month old and they worked so well while we were at the parks and on our flight when he was 7 months old. I'd rather do that then risk having to also change an outfit or go to the bathroom constantly. This would cut down on the number of diapers you would have to bring with you.

disneyliv85

Original Poster
I never even thought about using the overnight diapers during the day! Makes perfect sense for the flight at least.

Thanks for reminding me about bringing plenty in my carry on bag. Just one of those things I don't think about until it's too late!

mickey7879

It definitely cut back on the amount of diapers that we needed to bring. We would bring 6 into the park with us a day but would usually bring back 3 or 4. Even though they hold more, they still keep his skin dry so it's not like he's sitting their soaking wet all day.

I use these every night on him, when we flew down at 7 months and drove down from Maine at 15 months as well as all day at the parks.

I still has some regular diapers that we used for when he first woke up before we went to the parks or if we were just hanging out at the resort since these diapers are more expensive. But if you are out at the parks, you won't need to change as often which would be cheaper.

I would send my husband in to change my sons diaper since there usually was no line in the men's room and always a line in the woman's room for the changing table.

Kristamouse

You could always ship them to you hotel if you are short on suitcase space. We did that once and I filled the box with my breast pump, gerber graduates puffs, a couple swim diapers and wipes.
BTW you DD's head band looks like the one I made for my DD on her 1st trip. You can sort of see it in my avatar. I found some ears at a yard sale and cut them off. Then I glued them on a headband and put a ribbon between the ears so I could add a matching bow for her outfits each day. I wish I would have made 100 of them and could have sold them all in MK in one day. Anyway she is a doll.
:wave:

KC82271

The first couple of trips with my DD now 3 - I found shipping a box through UPS (ground) was easier than lugging all of the necessities. I shipped some 20oz sodas and waters that I got up here on sale, most of her gerber food, and some snacks. I packed half of the diapers in the box as well as a package of wipes. Then in each suitcase I packed a handful of diapers, as well as each carryon.

Guess what, the first trip I came home with just less than half of the diapers I brought. Be smart - monitor how many you typically use and bring a few extra. If by some chance you go through them, the stores there do sell them. I never had to do it, but learned my lesson the first time.

disneyliv85

Original Poster
How do you go about shipping them anyway? Do you just ship them to the resort itself with your name on it and they hold it for you?

KC82271

I believe allears.net has the address of the resort on the bottom of each fact sheet. Call the resort to confirm how they want it addressed. Usually it's Hold for Guest (your name), Ressie #, and your arrival date.

Lamping3

One tip my DH and I have learned over the last year on traveling with our 1 year old. We now take a handful of plastic bags with us....grocery bags do nicely. We use them for smelly diapers (sometimes 2 bags are needed!) to contain the smell while in our hotel room. Works great...no need to run out to find a trash can out of the room or wait for housekeeping to take the offensive diaper away!

Have a great trip!:ROFLOL:

Auroragirl

Don't try the potty training thing..... 1 is too young. And with all the things you'll be doing in WDW, she might forget what you taught her and who knows if you'll be close to a bathroom everytime she has to go! :ROFLOL:

Gig 'Em Mickey

We get a package and put it in the bag. Keeping them in the package they take up less space. Plus, at the end of the trip you have extra room for souvenirs and stuff.

disneyliv85

Original Poster
thanks for the tips on the plastic bags! yet another thing I wouldn't have thought of. I always carry a few in my diaper bag but I wouldn't have thought about it for the room!!

Totally kidding about the potty training thing by the way :p I would never try to train a little kid on a trip like that!

thrupaytonseyes

We keep this in the diaper bag:

http://www.target.com/dp/B001QKBJI0...=bottom-6&pf_rd_m=A1VC38T7YXB528&pf_rd_t=5101

it is more organized than having plastic bags randomly in the diaper bag.

or these can be clipped on to a strap to make it even easier to get:

http://www.target.com/Munchkin-Diap...rowse=1&index=tgt-mf-mv&rank=price&rh=&page=1

Another thing. Are you bringing a car seat and checking it? If so it does not count towards your checked luggage allowance. We have something like this(we don't have this particular brand but it is similar. Our's has wheels):

http://www.target.com/dp/B001CWVYMI...=bottom-6&pf_rd_m=A1VC38T7YXB528&pf_rd_t=5101

If you are bringing the car seat and using a travel bag, you can put the diapers in there. We always pack a bunch of stuff in the car seat travel bag on the seat of the car seat. It is a great way to get around these luggage restrictions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom