DIAMOND HORSESHOE OPEN.. will the review follow?

bjlc57

Original Poster
accord to this website.. WDW Magic, the Diamond Horseshoe is again open.. does anyone know if they will revive the Review as well? and does it still serve the ice cream sundae's? Gosh I hope that all of it returns to MK.. I really miss this show..

wogwog

accord to this website.. WDW Magic, the Diamond Horseshoe is again open.. does anyone know if they will revive the Review as well? and does it still serve the ice cream sundae's? Gosh I hope that all of it returns to MK.. I really miss this show..
Maybe post Iger, not before.

bjlc57

Original Poster
let me say this.. Disney is constantly saying they want to 'expand" or offer more, when in fact they have dropped the ball a couple of different ways for attractions that add to the Adult entertainment. or just something more then a meet or greet.. The Diamond Horseshoe Review.. and the Adventure's club are two different venues , One of which you already can open in a heartbeat, that add to the Disney experience.. and while Pleasure Island no longer exists .. Disney could easily rebuild the Adventurer's Club some where else.. Ak.. or the World showcase.. some where.. and again.. there is this giant empty space by Buzz Lightyear and COP that just begs for a new ride of some sort.. and again.. its space that's open.. meaning You don't have to tear some thing down to REBUILD AGAIN.. there has to be something, in some imagineer's mind that could fit that space in a heart beat ..the space is open the cost is cheap now.. labor is cheap and so are building materials.. or for the want of hiring a dozen college kids to sing and dance, the Review could reopen.. why, and what they are waiting for is a mystery to me..

BuddyThomas

let me say this.. Disney is constantly saying they want to 'expand" or offer more, when in fact they have dropped the ball a couple of different ways for attractions that add to the Adult entertainment. or just something more then a meet or greet.. The Diamond Horseshoe Review.. and the Adventure's club are two different venues , One of which you already can open in a heartbeat, that add to the Disney experience.. and while Pleasure Island no longer exists .. Disney could easily rebuild the Adventurer's Club some where else.. Ak.. or the World showcase.. some where.. and again.. there is this giant empty space by Buzz Lightyear and COP that just begs for a new ride of some sort.. and again.. its space that's open.. meaning You don't have to tear some thing down to REBUILD AGAIN.. there has to be something, in some imagineer's mind that could fit that space in a heart beat ..the space is open the cost is cheap now.. labor is cheap and so are building materials.. or for the want of hiring a dozen college kids to sing and dance, the Review could reopen.. why, and what they are waiting for is a mystery to me..
Trust me, I am not the grammar police, but since you keep posting it, just a very friendly note to say it is "revue" and not "review".
:)

doctornick

It often opens just for food at peak each year. Sadly it's mostly forgotten space.

No Revue.

I recall there was some recent talk about it reopening for food service on a more regular/permanent basis. I wonder if there is any chance that the revue will return in some form if that happens.

tl77

They have been using it for dance parties during the Halloween and Christmas party nights, but I think the place is just too small to deal with the crowd sizes of today. I doubt it could handle a regular half hour show like the original without there being gigantic lines around the place, but they could probably have some kind of low-key, live background music on the stage like the Blue Danube in Disneyland

asianway

DHR would use equity actors not college kids and at a higher rate than parade dancer - any small scale show with a high cost cast and low throughput isn't going to fly anymore

copcarguyp71

Another red headed step child in the disney attractions list...invited to events at the busiest time of the year and then shuttered until needed once again...

doctornick

They have been using it for dance parties during the Halloween and Christmas party nights, but I think the place is just too small to deal with the crowd sizes of today. I doubt it could handle a regular half hour show like the original without there being gigantic lines around the place, but they could probably have some kind of low-key, live background music on the stage like the Blue Danube in Disneyland

That's what I would like to see. Open for quick service food with some live entertainment on stage. I think that's practical/realistic.

wogwog

That's what I would like to see. Open for quick service food with some live entertainment on stage. I think that's practical/realistic.
Diamond shares the Liberty Tree kitchen. So when Liberty Tree goes down fro refurb later this year so does any food use for the Diamond. Current Disney is reducing entertainment not starting new efforts recently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom