DHS Update 4.15.2015

CaptainAmerica

The exact same thing every single day. Over and over, Disney repeating and dragging their feet.
4o.jpg
Dragging their feet doing what? They haven't announced anything. And even if they did, they could announce it with a 20 year timeline. It's not feet-dragging if it's completely intentional.

space42

Dragging their feet doing what? They haven't announced anything. And even if they did, they could announce it with a 20 year timeline. It's not feet-dragging if it's completely intentional.

Well, they announced both major and minor attractions would be closing last fall. Many assumed this would be followed up with replacement attractions and / or the reboot of the park. But here we are 7 months later and nothing. Hence the dragging their feet...

Nakatomi2010

Well, they announced both major and minor attractions would be closing last fall. Many assumed this would be followed up with replacement attractions and / or the reboot of the park. But here we are 7 months later and nothing. Hence the dragging their feet...

I think Frozen caught them off guard. If you look at a map and check out the stuff that's been closed, the Premier Theatre that the Frozen Sing along is in is part of an area that I figure is going to be for the expansion. Here's an image I drew up in a different site to denote the "expansion" area: http://imgur.com/fgnajMs. Note that Lghts, Motors, Action is marked for removal, which I am predicting to be announced as closing at the end of August, September at worst. (This is based on Lights, motors, Action being previously involved in the runDisney Wine & Dine Half Marathon pre-race taste, and this year it has been moved to Indiana Jones, along with the Tower of Terror 10-Miler not being run this year. I suspect demolition will be started promptly after it is announced to be closed. Otherwise, why stop runners from being allowed in there after hours).

I think Frozen caught them off guard, they acted quickly to incorporate it into the park, and it forced them to delay as it turned out the sing along became more popular than expected. Suddenly a theatre which would have been torn down earlier is now seeing tons of action. I don't think they're dragging their feet, I think they're biding their time until they can give Frozen a permanent home, and keep the fans happy. I suspect once they close down Lights, Motors, Action that'll be the "starter pistol" round that triggers the complete reconstruction of the area marked in the image above.

space42

I think Frozen caught them off guard. If you look at a map and check out the stuff that's been closed, the Premier Theatre that the Frozen Sing along is in is part of an area that I figure is going to be for the expansion. Here's an image I drew up in a different site to denote the "expansion" area: http://imgur.com/fgnajMs. Note that Lghts, Motors, Action is marked for removal, which I am predicting to be announced as closing at the end of August, September at worst. (This is based on Lights, motors, Action being previously involved in the runDisney Wine & Dine Half Marathon pre-race taste, and this year it has been moved to Indiana Jones, along with the Tower of Terror 10-Miler not being run this year. I suspect demolition will be started promptly after it is announced to be closed. Otherwise, why stop runners from being allowed in there after hours).

I think Frozen caught them off guard, they acted quickly to incorporate it into the park, and it forced them to delay as it turned out the sing along became more popular than expected. Suddenly a theatre which would have been torn down earlier is now seeing tons of action. I don't think they're dragging their feet, I think they're biding their time until they can give Frozen a permanent home, and keep the fans happy. I suspect once they close down Lights, Motors, Action that'll be the "starter pistol" round that triggers the complete reconstruction of the area marked in the image above.

There is more then enough room to expand the park without closing anything... right @marni1971 ? :)

phi2134

I wish they would do something different with New York St. With the rebranding coming soon, I wish they made something more impressive out of that area. The only thing i have ever enjoyed in that area were the lights during Christmas.

erasure fan1

Can someone give me/us a rational explanation as to why they would close an attraction so far ahead of any demo or refurbishment? The Backlot Tour, for example. Why the rush to close it if you have no immediate plans to demo it or refurb it?
Because no matter how they water things down attendance shows no signs of slowing down so why not save the cash. Disney has been pushing the envelope of the highest cost to the lowest experience they can give for a long time now. We will see how long they can keep it up but we are now on a once every 2yrs and after this trip it may be 3yrs or until something significant opens. I guess Disney doesn't care that erosion can start slow but can end up in a landslide.

dgp602

Because no matter how they water things down attendance shows no signs of slowing down so why not save the cash. Disney has been pushing the envelope of the highest cost to the lowest experience they can give for a long time now. We will see how long they can keep it up but we are now on a once every 2yrs and after this trip it may be 3yrs or until something significant opens. I guess Disney doesn't care that erosion can start slow but can end up in a landslide.
Funny you say that, because me and my family have done the same! After going every year for about 10 years, we have since changed to every other year. And 2 days of that stay are now on Uni property, which I NEVER did before....

Goofyernmost

To save $$? That's the ONLY guess that makes sense. I'm sure they have phases/parts but come on ... it HAS to be to save on operating it. And they've saved for 7 months now. While people keep packing the parks and paying outrageous prices. We really can't have nice things, can we?
That might be the reason and it also might be because it sucked in it's later years. There was nothing to see except CC, which no longer had the same kick being that the park was not related to movie making anymore. All of whatever luster was there was now gone. There was almost no one on the ride anymore. The bone yard contained (with the exception of Herbie) nothing but some rusting, dirty relics of something that they claimed to be part of movies, none of which I recognize at all. It drove through a tunnel where you could see a whole bunch of cloth lying about, but, no one doing any sewing and a workshop with, if you were lucky, one person standing around holding a clipboard. They took it off life support and it passed with a not surprising, lack of any difference to anyone anywhere. Even the water tank had gotten totally blah!

Closing it may be saving money, but, keeping it open certainly wasn't generating cash or interest. It needed to die in peace. Maybe years ago.

CDavid

Yes, it is. If I've got a project which should reasonably take 2-3 years to complete (and could be done faster) but I put off even starting work for several years and then set it up on a 5-7 year schedule, I am indeed dragging my feet.

It's not dragging your feet when circumstances beyond your control delay or prevent completion. If its under your control and a deliberate choice, you're just procrastinating.

Cesar R M

Yes, it is. If I've got a project which should reasonably take 2-3 years to complete (and could be done faster) but I put off even starting work for several years and then set it up on a 5-7 year schedule, I am indeed dragging my feet.

It's not dragging your feet when circumstances beyond your control delay or prevent completion. If its under your control and a deliberate choice, you're just procrastinating.
does "circumstances beyond your control" means a project in another country? a failed project based on wrist bands? or stockbuybacks? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom