DHS Star Wars Land Progress

Bocabear

Original Poster
Re posting a question asked in another thread... Anyone heard anything more about the current progress? Marni?
I remember someone, may have been you, said something about a third attraction was planned that got cut.

It was described in a way that made me think of the Peoplemover. If you know, is the land being built in a manner to where this could be added at a later time or do you think so much has been changed that it's no longer possible? It sounded pretty interesting to me since I like those "escape" attractions. Seems like that would have been perfect for DHS.

EDIT: My apologies, I had lots of tabs open, sorry for branching off topic in a Wishes replacement thread.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Re posting a question asked in another thread... Anyone heard anything more about the current progress? Marni?
I remember someone, may have been you, said something about a third attraction was planned that got cut.

It was described in a way that made me think of the Peoplemover. If you know, is the land being built in a manner to where this could be added at a later time or do you think so much has been changed that it's no longer possible? It sounded pretty interesting to me since I like those "escape" attractions. Seems like that would have been perfect for DHS.

EDIT: My apologies, I had lots of tabs open, sorry for branching off topic in a Wishes replacement thread.
It was a proposed elevated transport system, more Peoplemover than monorail though. Star Wars themed.

I'd doubt it can be retro fitted to this land given the upheaval it would cause.

Bocabear

Original Poster
There is another thread with some remarks about an elevated or aerial transport connecting the World Gateway, Caribbean Beach Resort, DHS, and Pop Resorts...Anyone know any more about this?

TiggerDad

There is another thread with some remarks about an elevated or aerial transport connecting the World Gateway, Caribbean Beach Resort, DHS, and Pop Resorts...Anyone know any more about this?
I realize I'm somewhat new around here, but this topic is already being discussed in the DHS Permits thread (as you state), the EPCOT France thread, and the CBR thread. So why do we need a fourth thread to keep track of?

Bocabear

Original Poster
We don't... I could not find the DHS permits thread...or the Star Warsland Progress thread...Somone asked a question, Marni said he would answer in the Star Wars land thread...I could not find one some a made one up...Delete the thread if it is redundant

CJR

@marni1971, Thank you! I linked my previous posts to this thread so that anyone interested can follow it here.

That's kind of what I was thinking too, it seemed like unless they built the land purposely to add this later (thinking of Suess Landing's High in the Sky ride), it would be too much construction within a recently constructed land. It's too bad because this would have been that people eater DHS needed.

JediMasterMatt

The 3rd attraction (Bantha/Ronto/Eopie/beast of burden) transport ride has an interesting history. It may have ultimately been the attraction that finally drove the nail in the coffin of One Disney. Anaheim wanted it and Orlando didn't. It became a spot of contention during the ramp to the announcement. The ride wasn't going to be "thrilling" or anything. It would've been an AA like beast of burden "walking" along towing a cart that held the RV for the guests. It was going to be more immersion for the land and add a bit more kinetic energy to the environment along with supplying the extra capacity boost in the form of a non-adrenaline ride for the whole family.

The issue came down to the cost in the initial outlay for the land and then the additional staffing/maintenance concerns down the road.

It's another example of those things you just shake your heads at when it comes to the way both coasts are operated.

Think of it like the differences between the Rivers of America between the two parks. One is alive with kinetic motion (SW construction aside) and the other goes so far as take their primary source of kinetic motion (the Bell) and dry dock it for an upcharge viewing of the 3 o'clock parade.

From what I've heard, the fight over this attraction may have been the final straw that broke the Bantha's back when it comes to WDW having sway over decisions for Anaheim. The anchor has been severed.

roj2323

The 3rd attraction (Bantha/Ronto/Eopie/beast of burden) transport ride......SNIP....
From what I've heard, the fight over this attraction may have been the final straw that broke the Bantha's back when it comes to WDW having sway over decisions for Anaheim. The anchor has been severed.

GOOD. WDW needs independent creative. This could be good for both resorts.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The 3rd attraction (Bantha/Ronto/Eopie/beast of burden) transport ride has an interesting history. It may have ultimately been the attraction that finally drove the nail in the coffin of One Disney. Anaheim wanted it and Orlando didn't. It became a spot of contention during the ramp to the announcement. The ride wasn't going to be "thrilling" or anything. It would've been an AA like beast of burden "walking" along towing a cart that held the RV for the guests. It was going to be more immersion for the land and add a bit more kinetic energy to the environment along with supplying the extra capacity boost in the form of a non-adrenaline ride for the whole family.

The issue came down to the cost in the initial outlay for the land and then the additional staffing/maintenance concerns down the road.

It's another example of those things you just shake your heads at when it comes to the way both coasts are operated.

Think of it like the differences between the Rivers of America between the two parks. One is alive with kinetic motion (SW construction aside) and the other goes so far as take their primary source of kinetic motion (the Bell) and dry dock it for an upcharge viewing of the 3 o'clock parade.

Than you for saying it.

Star Tours started it. The 3rd SWL attraction finished it.

Ignohippo

I'm sorry bit how does the title of this thread (Star Wars Land Progress) have anything at all to do with the 3rd attraction?

How many people are clicking on this thread to see new information or pictures about, I don't know, the progress of SW land and seeing that it has NOTHING to do with it?

Bolt

I'm sorry bit how does the title of this thread (Star Wars Land Progress) have anything at all to do with the 3rd attraction?

How many people are clicking on this thread to see new information or pictures about, I don't know, the progress of SW land and seeing that it has NOTHING to do with it?
Apology accepted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom