DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

PhilharMagician

Seriously, Soundstage 1 is not a big building. I would hope that some of the space that is opening up with the Backlot Tour ending it's life (after years of hacking and cutting it to almost nothing) will be used for something substantial.

Since this is "Project 3" and Frozen is "Project 6" then I wonder what else is cooking?

PhilharMagician

The rumor has been that Toy Story would get a third track in Soundstage 1. It's possible that they could stretch that project for 2 years.

That building would be a good size for adding to TS. Hmm, I need to see that TS track overlay again.

Do you remember which thread that was recently in @danlb_2000 I was quickly searching but I do not remember.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Seriously, Soundstage 1 is not a big building. I would hope that some of the space that is opening up with the Backlot Tour ending it's life (after years of hacking and cutting it to almost nothing) will be used for something substantial.

Since this is "Project 3" and Frozen is "Project 6" then I wonder what else is cooking?

Yeah, I thought "Project 6" may have just been an anomaly, but now that we have 3, I am starting to wonder if there is a 1,2,4 and 5 planned.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Whiting Turner has done a lot of theme park stuff over the years (Lost Continent at IoA, for example), so I doubt it's just a gift shop.

EDIT: and a google search of "Whiting Turner Toy Story" turns up a letter that seems to indicate that Whiting Turner was involved in the construction of Toy Story Midway Mania at "MGM".

PhilharMagician

Whiting Turner has done a lot of theme park stuff over the years (Lost Continent at IoA, for example), so I doubt it's just a gift shop.

:hilarious: It is going to be a state of the art Pixar Themed hybrid "dark ride/gift shop" where you ride and shop at the same time. First of it's kind and it will of course have FP+. You can book all of your merchandise purchases months in advance. :D

Last edited:

PrincessNelly_NJ

EDIT: and a google search of "Whiting Turner Toy Story" turns up a letter that seems to indicate that Whiting Turner was involved in the construction of Toy Story Midway Mania at "MGM".
They also built T-REX & Rainforest cafe in DTD.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
2 years for a new track for Toy Story? They just keep surprising me with how slow they can be.
Not really. If you think along the lines of budget years and what all WDW has going on or in the line up. Disney Springs, Avatar, and now likely a reboot of the studios. Those are all big dollar items. They spread the cost out over multiple fiscal budgets and it's not as big a drain on the company as a whole.

PhotoDave219

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom