DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

Goofyernmost

Now I see. If anything ever made me stop going to Disney World it would be the drops in overall quality. To deal with the lack of new I've been going to Universal as well for about every one of my recent trips. It also gives a good variety going to both. My upcoming trip to Disneyland will probably be a real eye opener since WDW is all I've ever known.
That is a good measure. I went to DL in 2005 and although it was cool knowing that Walt himself once walked those streets what I found was a more compacted version of MK. It was fun, but, at the same time it was sometimes disappointing. PoC was longer and had a little more detail. I didn't get a chance to see the original Haunted Mansion because they had just done the crappy Skelkington overlay. IASM was much more elaborate on the outside, but, personally, I didn't really see much difference on the inside. Indiana Jones was great, but, Innovations was just blah. Going to the motherland, so to speak, was wonderful just for that reason.

Mike S

Magic Kingdom is the most protected park of all the 4.
AK and DHS for example, had a lot removed before they started to add the minimum. Now seems EPCOT is suffering the same.
Magic Kingdom is definitely the safest out of the four parks in WDW. Time will tell what happens at Epcot, DHS, and AK. Epcot could get a small buffer from Frozen but what happens at DHS when all the construction gets underway and even more closures? And AK until Avatar is finished?
That is a good measure. I went to DL in 2005 and although it was cool knowing that Walt himself once walked those streets what I found was a more compacted version of MK. It was fun, but, at the same time it was sometimes disappointing. PoC was longer and had a little more detail. I didn't get a chance to see the original Haunted Mansion because they had just done the crappy Skelkington overlay. IASM was much more elaborate on the outside, but, personally, I didn't really see much difference on the inside. Indiana Jones was great, but, Innovations was just blah. Going to the motherland, so to speak, was wonderful just for that reason.
I actually wish I was going when all the holiday overlays would still be there. To me Haunted Masion Holiday looks pretty cool plus it's something truly different that I've never seen. I thought IASW was longer over in Disneyland just like Pirates, doesn't that count as a pretty big difference? I know what to expect with their Tomorrowland but I hear their Space Mountain is great so there's that.

jt04

Magic Kingdom is definitely the safest out of the four parks in WDW. Time will tell what happens at Epcot, DHS, and AK. Epcot could get a small buffer from Frozen but what happens at DHS when all the construction gets underway and even more closures? And AK until Avatar is finished?

I actually wish I was going when all the holiday overlays would still be there. To me Haunted Masion Holiday looks pretty cool plus it's something truly different that I've never seen. I thought IASW was longer over in Disneyland just like Pirates. Doesn't that count as a pretty big difference? I know what to expect with their Tomorrowland but I hear their Space Mountain is great so there's that.

I hear their Spacehip Earth is like the kewlist. Not to mention their GMR, Indy Stunt Show, living Seas, safari ride, Fotlk, Nemo show, LWTL, Laugh Floor, World Showcase, Test Track, Mission Space, Animation Tour, Imagination, Dinosaur, Stitch, People Mover, CoP .... my fingers are cramping.

Mike S

I hear their Spacehip Earth is like the kewlist. Not to mention their GMR, Indy Stunt Show, living Seas, safari ride, Fotlk, Nemo show, LWTL, Laugh Floor, World Showcase, Test Track, Mission Space, Animation Tour, Imagination, Dinosaur, Stitch, People Mover, CoP .... my fingers are cramping.
We have rides they don't?!?!?!?!?! That's an absolutely shocking revelation that I had no idea about!!!!!! Thank you for your great wisdom. Truly, thank you.

jdmdisney99

Over half the things you mentioned are either flat-out tired or low-quality "attractions".

Goofyernmost

Over half the things you mentioned are either flat-out tired or low-quality "attractions".
Absolute bull. You don't like them so they are low quality. Quality is a personal perception. If you are entertained and it is something that you like then it is quality. Nothing is tired if you haven't seen it before. We all must stop evaluating these situations just through our own personal eyes. They mean nothing to someone else.
I thought IASW was longer over in Disneyland just like Pirates, doesn't that count as a pretty big difference? I know what to expect with their Tomorrowland but I hear their Space Mountain is great so there's that.
Since I've only ridden IASW once in DL, I'd have to say that I do not know for sure if it is longer other then the loading is outside and that extends the ride a little. As far as inside... no clue. I haven't ridden Space Mtn. since I started having knee problems (can't get out of the things) so I also cannot comment on that.

jdmdisney99

Absolute bull. You don't like them so they are low quality. Quality is a personal perception. If you are entertained and it is something that you like then it is quality. Nothing is tired if you haven't seen it before. We all must stop evaluating these situations just through our own personal eyes. They mean nothing to someone else.
So you're saying people shouldn't share their opinions (positive or negative) about anything? Frankly, I don't care if my opinion means nothing to someone else.

Besides, consensus says GMR, Indy, Animation Tour, Dinosaur, PeopleMover and CoP are all very tired, while the Seas, Mission: Space, certain aspects of World Showcase and Stitch are all perceived as being not very well done. But I guess I'll just stick a big IMO here to be clear.

PorterRedkey

Because that was the plan at one time, I believe. At one point there was a rumor a TRON launch coaster that was supposed to go in TL many moons ago. Then that Launch coaster was going into Avatarland instead, and Cameron really wanted it as part of the land before it was cut... then it was, or still is, going to be themed to Star Wars like a light cycle in Return of the Jedi at DLR and DHS... It is called a light cycle, right?

Anyway, the launch coaster is different than your typical Coaster. It's more themed to racing, with no inversions or anything. It's centered on speed. The only thing I've heard, and at this point I don't think anyone is certain, is that SWL is not going to be huge and isn't going to have the mega ride (like Gringotts) that people are hoping for. The launch coaster was pitched at one time for SWL so that's why I think it's going to be the attraction we get. But of course, I could be totally wrong.
I really hope you are wrong. I have heard of the speeder bike coaster, but I thought that was going to go into Disneyland replacing the subs and autopia (as reported on MiceChat) before they decided to wait and incorporate the new movies characters into whatever attraction they build (now rumored to take over toontown in DL). I am hoping this also goes for the Star Wars E-ticket at DHS(or DHA).

I can go to six flags and universal for coasters. They are over too quick. I wait 2 hours and I get a 2-3min ride if I am lucky. I like rides that are fast, but I really want the Star Wars ride that, at least in a few places slows down so I can enjoy the atmosphere - not just speed by it in a blur. Launch coasters make ride times even shorter since there is no lift hill and you are at speed within seconds.
Just my two cents... we will see.

Goofyernmost

So you're saying people shouldn't share their opinions (positive or negative) about anything? Frankly, I don't care if my opinion means nothing to someone else.

Besides, consensus says GMR, Indy, Animation Tour, Dinosaur, PeopleMover and CoP are all very tired, while the Seas, Mission: Space, certain aspects of World Showcase and Stitch are all perceived as being not very well done. But I guess I'll just stick a big IMO here to be clear.
Not at all, my friend. It means that when someone asks about a place or makes a absolute general statement, like what is there that isn't in DL. Then an opinion about quality and age is not only not asked for it is unnecessary. It is your perception and not necessarily the perception that someone else might have when they experience it. They might see it the same way, but, what is the purpose of planted expectations before they have the chance to experience it themselves. Even if you had said, in my opinion, blah, blah blah, and not stated it as fact, then it might be OK.

The question would be... what consensus? Who are you talking too about this? Certainly not me and certainly not a lot of the people on this board. Some yes, Some no, but, it is still a personal decision concerning what someone likes or doesn't like. Kinda late to be throwing in a IMO, don't you think?

jdmdisney99

You know, there is really no point for me to drag this on in a thread where it is completely off topic. We blatantly disagree. That is that.

I'm hoping that we get some quality dark rides along with any possible flat rides in a potential Pixar Place expansion. The park needs to fill out its family offerings.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
soooo..about that SoundStage 1 renovation....
Well, TSMM additional track has been confirmed by @PhotoDave219 and several others. So that's happening. Whatever else is happening with Pixar isn't clear. Either plans are still in flux or Disney is doing a surprisingly good job of not leaking info this time. I have a feeling details may start to trickle out soon. @Lee and @WDW1974 both seem to have some info that they probably can't share yet.

Goofyernmost

Well, there is a lot more unknown in that topic then what is known. It is hard to talk about things that one doesn't know (although that doesn't stop most of us) so maybe it wanders off once in a while.

PhotoDave219

Well, TSMM additional track has been confirmed by @PhotoDave219 and several others. So that's happening. Whatever else is happening with Pixar isn't clear. Either plans are still in flux or Disney is doing a surprisingly good job of not leaking info this time. I have a feeling details may start to trickle out soon. @Lee and @WDW1974 both seem to have some info that they probably can't share yet.

It's already started work… i've gotten nothing about the project that Lee is referring to where back lot and LMA would be. It was explained to me that they are two different things.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's already started work… i've gotten nothing about the project that Lee is referring to where back lot and LMA would be. It was explained to me that they are two different things.
Any idea on the timeframe for TSMM? I can't imagine it taking more than a year to finish.

PhotoDave219

Any idea on the timeframe for TSMM? I can't imagine it taking more than a year to finish.

No, I didn't press the issue. I leave the really heavy lifting details to @Lee.

But the permit is good for two years… And that makes me wonder as well....

One other detail I did find out is the fireworks went away because the launch point would've been smack dab in the middle of a construction zone. And apparently you can't do that.

That makes me wonder what's going to happen for New Year's Eve…

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
NFC technology is hardly an apple exclusive.

Goggle wallet and android phones (specially Samsung) ones has had the functionality for years.

True, but it took Apple to get both major banks and retailers to buy off on it. They may be the catalyst that is able to push more retailers to come on board and make it a universal reality.

The acceptance level of both users and retailers is very low, watch what happens over the next two years because Apple took the time to create an ecosystem not just a transceiver and an app.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No, I didn't press the issue. I leave the really heavy lifting details to @Lee.

But the permit is good for two years… And that makes me wonder as well....

One other detail I did find out is the fireworks went away because the launch point would've been smack dab in the middle of a construction zone. And apparently you can't do that.

That makes me wonder what's going to happen for New Year's Eve…
Did the fireworks launch from the roof of SS1? I thought I remember someone saying they were launched from a rooftop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom