DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

JohnWD

In a weather proof, pre standing and serviced building with a ready laid perfectly level floor?
But why? What's the inside scoop? Too long in design? Changes in design? Hardware custom made causing delays? Suppliers going out of business? Lazy people? We can all see it's taking a long time and complain!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
But why? What's the inside scoop? Too long in design? Changes in design? Hardware custom made causing delays? Suppliers going out of business? Lazy people? We can all see it's taking a long time and complain!
Here's my theory. The extra capacity wasn't really needed until they closed a few more things like LMA. They have slightly higher operating and maintenance costs with the 3rd track which are more than offset by the decrease in costs for the closed attractions. We tend to always focus on budgets for new construction projects, but TDO has to also manage their operations and maintenance budgets. My guess is they didn't want to take on the extra costs when it wasn't 100% needed and they didn't have other cost reductions to offset it.

Goofyernmost

Here's my theory. The extra capacity wasn't really needed until they closed a few more things like LMA. They have slightly higher operating and maintenance costs with the 3rd track which are more than offset by the decrease in costs for the closed attractions. We tend to always focus on budgets for new construction projects, but TDO has to also manage their operations and maintenance budgets. My guess is they didn't want to take on the extra costs when it wasn't 100% needed and they didn't have other cost reductions to offset it.
There could be thousands of reason why they take so long. Most that are mentioned on the boards are probably not it. It might even be a problem with lining up skilled companies to do the work or problems with getting bonded that delay the start. It could be the actual building of the screens that we look at during the ride. It could be many, many reasons and a lot of them might be completely out of Disney control. They might have had 90% of the materials on site early on, but, not the ones that were needed to actually construct it. None of us really know, so why speculate, it will be done when it is done and not a day sooner. Why whine!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There could be thousands of reason why they take so long. Most that are mentioned on the boards are probably not it. It might even be a problem with lining up skilled companies to do the work or problems with getting bonded that delay the start. It could be the actual building of the screens that we look at during the ride. It could be many, many reasons and a lot of them might be completely out of Disney control. They might have had 90% of the materials on site early on, but, not the ones that were needed to actually construct it. None of us really know, so why speculate, it will be done when it is done and not a day sooner. Why whine!
I didn't really think I was whining. In my post I just said "here's my theory". I thought the whole point of a discussion board was to discuss things and that includes speculating. I never said I knew anything for fact, it was just a theory. All of the above are very possible too. My only point was that just because they could build something faster or open it sooner doesn't mean they will. It all falls into a larger plan which includes not just the capital costs of the project but also the operating and maintenance costs for the park itself.

Pam Hates Penguins

When the new entrance opens, what will become of Pixar Place, because that is about the only reason people come there. Will it close and become something else? Something similar to a Downtown Disney (Disneyland version) could go there.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
When the new entrance opens, what will become of Pixar Place, because that is about the only reason people come there. Will it close and become something else? Something similar to a Downtown Disney (Disneyland version) could go there.

It's unknown at this point, but they very well could close it off and turn it into back stage space.

Goofyernmost

I didn't really think I was whining. In my post I just said "here's my theory". I thought the whole point of a discussion board was to discuss things and that includes speculating. I never said I knew anything for fact, it was just a theory. All of the above are very possible too. My only point was that just because they could build something faster or open it sooner doesn't mean they will. It all falls into a larger plan which includes not just the capital costs of the project but also the operating and maintenance costs for the park itself.
I know that I quoted you on that post, and I do that often, I forget to add that when I make statements like that unless I have pointed out a particular thing you said, I'm talking to everyone. I used your post as a jumping off point and that was a general appeal for people to stop whining about something that they have no control over or even know the reasons or have any experience in construction but seem to know how long it should take to build attractions or the details of what is needed to complete the task. Sorry, if that wasn't clear... no direct connection was intended. The only problem I have is the idea that there is any feasible reason to drag their feet to open something that they have a capital output on. It isn't beneficial tax wise or income wise. I just don't buy it. I could see holding off on Frozen to get the super M&G next door ready to open at the same time to have a location for crowds to have a place to go. But, to just generally conclude that there is some strange profit motivation to not open it, is totally counter to the argument that Disney is super greedy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom