DHS Quick Service

LucyK

Original Poster
If it was your last night at Disney and you had exactly one credit left on the DDP and you were spending that last night at DHS, which quick service would choose? Are all of them horrible or is there on you can say, okay, this is actually not bad?

Betsyboo

This isn't very specific since I can't remember the name of the place but whichever one has the outdoor seating area by the Jedi Academy. The burgers there were decent last year.

Tinkerbell397

The choices at DHS are not good for CS. We went to ABC Commissary in September and it was a nightmare.....they could not fit another table in there is they tried. It was crowded, a very long wait for service and a table and the food was mediocre to horrible at best. I will never go there again. The menu at Starring Rolls looks decent....maybe worth a try. :cat:

LucyK

Original Poster
I didn't have good luck with DHS quick service on the past two trips, so I'm a little hesitant to try it again. I might scrap eating at DHS altogether and just eat back at the resort.

ratherbeinwdw

If it was your last night at Disney and you had exactly one credit left on the DDP and you were spending that last night at DHS, which quick service would choose? Are all of them horrible or is there on you can say, okay, this is actually not bad?
We actually like Backlot Express. They have a decent veggie sandwich. However, I don't care for the veggie burger. I really like the drink refill station. In hot weather, being able to take a carry-out of iced tea is really nice.

Disvillain63

It depends on the time of evening that you're eating. The last two times that we've been Studio Catering and Starring Roles closed early. Backlot has decent food choices, plus you can get refills on your drinks.

njDizFan

Certainly not a great restaruant but you could give Hollywood and vine a shot. Buffet style with lots of carb options for the vegetarian. I definately would not want to spend like $40 a person in cash but for one credit that needs to be used..eh

PrincessNelly_NJ

The Backlot Express was actual really good on my last trip. Just burgers, nothing special and definitely not close to Columbia Harbor House or Flame Tree though

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We usually end up at Backlot Express or Pizza Planet if we are hungry for dinner while we are there. We kind of try to avoid being there for a quick service dinner though.

MissingDisney

I would go back to the resort before choosing anything at DHS but if I HAD to pick something it would be the meatball sub at Pizza Planet. It's actually pretty good and comes with a nice salad.

luv

I don't really think the fast food places at DHS are all that much worse than the MK. In both parks, I go to whatever is closest. My burger at the ABC Commissary is no worse than my burger at Cosmic Rays. That's just me, though...I know I'm in the minority here!! :)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
If it's a hot day, ABC Commissary for the indoor air-conditioned seating! Otherwise, and if it's not too crowded, Starring Rolls.

The exact reason we eat at the comissary from time to time. Air conditioned, in doors, and lots of seating. All the little places on sunset blvd. aren't bad. The pizza, salads, and sandwiches are OK, but the seating is outside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom