DHS question

The Empress Lilly

Definitely planning 2 days off during our 8 day (5 day pass) stay. Just not sure what days to take off! We are attending MK on Feb. 4th ( a Tuesday) and crowd levels are very low for the remainder of the week and go up a bit on the weekend. This is based on the touring plans site. So it's up in the air whether or not to chill at the resort on the weekend or take a weekday off and the Saturday off. Can't plan everything though especially with ds5 and dd8. See how they're doing after day 2 and go from there. We did skip all the shows when we went to DL last year and won't do the same this year. So I will plan a full day at DHS and take it all in, and on our AK day, maybe go to Epcot for a few World showcases and illuminations once the park closes.
If you haven't bought the tickets yet:

A sixth day is $10 extra. A seventh is ten dollar more or so too. Meanwhile, a parkhopper is $60.
Sixty dollar is a lot of money to parkhop just one day, maybe two. Parkhopping is also something you might want to avoid with smaller kids. It's a lot of travelling during a day.

Me, I'd look into getting, say, seven day passes, and use four days - every other day - half park / half days off, instead of parkhopping two days and taking two days off. Saves stress, and $40 per person too. And you still have all the time in the world to see more of the parks should you want to.

Dustinius

Original Poster
If you haven't bought the tickets yet:

A sixth day is $10 extra. A seventh is ten dollar more or so too. Meanwhile, a parkhopper is $60.
Sixty dollar is a lot of money to parkhop just one day, maybe two. Parkhopping is also something you might want to avoid with smaller kids. It's a lot of travelling during a day.

Me, I'd look into getting, say, seven day passes, and use four days - every other day - half park / half days off, instead of parkhopping two days and taking two days off. Saves stress, and $40 per person too. And you still have all the time in the world to see more of the parks should you want to.

I purchased the tickets through Costco travel and the hoppers were part of the package. Could I exchange the hoppers for extra days at the gate?

The Empress Lilly

I purchased the tickets through Costco travel and the hoppers were part of the package. Could I exchange the hoppers for extra days at the gate?
I don't think so, but don't pin me down on that.
You can however add on extra days. At just ten dollar a day, it is worth bearing in mind! Extra days gives you extra flexibility, in case of weather or crowds. You can buy them while there, have the extra day(s) added to your existing ticket.

Dustinius

Original Poster
I don't think so, but don't pin me down on that.
You can however add on extra days. At just ten dollar a day, it is worth bearing in mind! Extra days gives you extra flexibility, in case of weather or crowds. You can buy them while there, have the extra day(s) added to your existing ticket.

Love that idea, and for 10 bucks ish it's a no brainer! Thanks, I would have never considered that!

Disneykidder

For us, AK is a one day park and we don't even need the entire day to complete it. DHS, Epcot and MK are at least 2 days each. We love all of the rides and shows.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Definitely planning 2 days off during our 8 day (5 day pass) stay. Just not sure what days to take off! We are attending MK on Feb. 4th ( a Tuesday) and crowd levels are very low for the remainder of the week and go up a bit on the weekend. This is based on the touring plans site. So it's up in the air whether or not to chill at the resort on the weekend or take a weekday off and the Saturday off. Can't plan everything though especially with ds5 and dd8. See how they're doing after day 2 and go from there. We did skip all the shows when we went to DL last year and won't do the same this year. So I will plan a full day at DHS and take it all in, and on our AK day, maybe go to Epcot for a few World showcases and illuminations once the park closes.
If you have younger children, AK will be loved and could easily be a full day. Check the hours of the parks, if you plan on staying till close the next day might be the best time, esp if you visit MK and Epcot.

If your children are scared of loud noises be careful viewing Illuminations. Found i has this problem with my niece, who is 6. She loved Wishes, but had to watch with her fingers in her ears.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not likely. You can add extra days without issue, but I am 99.9% sure that you will not be able to exchange an option like park hopping for those days.

Csmith041177

The hardest time we have every trip is trying to allocate number of days to each park. I think DS is definately a full day park. Plenty of good rides, lots of shows, and underrated restaurants. Also has some hidden gems: One Mans Dream, and a carrot cake cookie from the Writers Stop.

Allym146

We spend a full day at HS but split it between a morning one day and then the afternoon/night on another day. It just ends up working out that way with EMH and such.

ryan1

As someone stated earlier, it depends on if it is your first time or not. I've been to MGM probably 100 times over the years so we usually combine AK with MGM in recent years. We also usually go during slower times so we get everything we want done pretty quickly in each park.

If its your first time or only your 3rd or 4th time I would say MGM is a full day park. There are enough shows and walk through attractions along with the rides to use up an entire day to really see it all. If you plan on having sit down meals then it is definitely a full day.

Dustinius

Original Poster
Not likely. You can add extra days without issue, but I am 99.9% sure that you will not be able to exchange an option like park hopping for those days.

Would I not be able to get refunded for the hopper portion of the ticket if I am not going to use it?

Matt_Black

Heck, I might need a full day just to stroll around and spot all the hidden gems, as there's a lot of nods to classic movies (check out the addresses on the packing crates just outside Min & Bill's Dockside Diner). DHS is usually the park that makes me stop and say, "Huh. I never noticed that before."

DHS is my sister's favorite park. She loves riding (and re-riding) things like TSMM, Aerosmith, and TOT. Also, on days when Fantasmic is showing, book some time to head over to the Streets of America (google "Kenny the Pirate" or "Characterpalooza" to find out why ;))

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Would I not be able to get refunded for the hopper portion of the ticket if I am not going to use it?
Not at Disney. You might be able to exchange it at Costco, but once you are at Disney all they can do is add days or other options. They won't remove options or days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom