DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

Goofyernmost

The entrance plaza is looking good, I could see that being done in a month. What I don't think will be ready is the Osceola interchange. The entrance and exit ramps marked in red could be done, but I don't think the exit in blue will be ready, especially since it looks like it needs to join with the new flyover which is just starting. The original bid documents I saw also said that the DHS entrance would not open all at once.

View attachment 305865
I must have gotten side tracked again. I wasn't really thinking about the interchange, I was looking at what still has to be done to complete the bus stops at DHS. It's not a lot, but, as I've stated before the devil is in the details. I see the bus loops as not being done in October. November/December maybe. As far as the interchange I think that will be a whole lot longer (that could be February or later.) However, sometimes it is amazing how quickly some of that stuff can come together.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I must have gotten side tracked again. I wasn't really thinking about the interchange, I was looking at what still has to be done to complete the bus stops at DHS. It's not a lot, but, as I've stated before the devil is in the details. I see the bus loops as not being done in October. November/December maybe. As far as the interchange I think that will be a whole lot longer (that could be February or later.) However, sometimes it is amazing how quickly some of that stuff can come together.

You're right, the discussion was about the bus loop, and I agree, I don't see them being done by October.

mergatroid

So is there any 'medical parking' at present? One thing I loved about the studios was how close I could park to the entrance, looking at those pics it seems to have been demolished?

RAXIP

So is there any 'medical parking' at present? One thing I loved about the studios was how close I could park to the entrance, looking at those pics it seems to have been demolished?
Yes. It's currently located in what's left of the Stage lot (next to the new bus loop) It should eventuality return to it's previous location, expanded into the old resort bus loop space.

GlacierGlacier

Currently the walking path from Epcot to DHS is routed around the bus construction. It's quite neat, from the ground level. The new bus loop in use is quite neat, outside of the lack of shade. There's a nice Central plant bit. But the new loop is just tall - the shade structures have to be the same high of the MK bus structures - if not taller.

wishiwere@wdw

Currently the walking path from Epcot to DHS is routed around the bus construction. It's quite neat, from the ground level. The new bus loop in use is quite neat, outside of the lack of shade. There's a nice Central plant bit. But the new loop is just tall - the shade structures have to be the same high of the MK bus structures - if not taller.
Here are a few pictures I took on 8/23 showing some of the progress. It’s amazing what they are pulling off in what is a heavily used parking lot but I just can’t understand why simple tents couldn’t have been put up at the temp bus stop. I also thought it was interesting that they have a crossing guard in the path to Epcot lol

82b6208a-8728-4c6b-bc87-9b7418ed6287-jpeg.305609

904266fc-a7af-414b-b3b2-c98871b910a4-jpeg.305610

Current walking path to EPCOT
6a544870-46fc-400a-898c-7e2f8b8e4466-jpeg.305611

anchorman314

This might be a silly question, but with the new bus loops open, can cars still enter the parking lot from Buena Vista Drive? I know the eventual goal is to have all car traffic enter through the new entrance being built, but wasn't sure about the interim with the new bus loops.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, September 4, 2018. The new parking entrance kiosk at Hollywood Studios is being painted.

IMG_0688.JPG

While the old tram drop-off and pickup areas are under demolition, the trams now drop-off and pickup within the original travel lanes. For the past two weeks, self-parking guests now walk thru a construction fence corridor over the old medical/preferred parking area towards the new Skyliner station, then towards the park entrance. Quite a long walk.

IMG_0683.JPG

A ground level view of the new building next to the Hollywood Studios Skyliner station.

IMG_0687.JPG

Movielover

That would be to have a place to change into dry/clean clothes after that adventurous, near death, ride on the Gondola's of death. Where the heat caused you to sweat profusely, and the lightning scared the crap out of you. Good for them in the thinking ahead department.

Not even close. It's going to be the new funeral home branch of Disney Parks and Resorts. The exit body chute will slide from the unload of the Gondolas directly into this building for fast, efficient, and expensive corpse processing after riding the gondolas.

Goofyernmost

Not even close. It's going to be the new funeral home branch of Disney Parks and Resorts. The exit body chute will slide from the unload of the Gondolas directly into this building for fast, efficient, and expensive corpse processing after riding the gondolas.
Actually, I started out thinking that it would be a good place to identify the bodies, sort of an onsite morgue, then I thought that would be a little harsh this early in the morning. Thanks for taking that pressure off me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom