DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

mitchk

They stopped me at security for taking these pictures He told me delete them I deleted one and then recovered it LOL

trainplane3

matt9112

Wonder if WDW is going to switch to X-raying everything like Uni does.

One of the few things Uni does better, the X-ray is so much faster than the laborious bag-burrowing.

i agree its much more efficient and probably more effective. we wont bring bags to park for the reason of how slow and long lines can be.

TrojanUSC

Wonder if WDW is going to switch to X-raying everything like Uni does.

One of the few things Uni does better, the X-ray is so much faster than the laborious bag-burrowing.

The bag borrowing is a joke. Some of the people look to make sure you don't have a bowling ball with a candle on the top like a cartoon bomb, while others root around in the tiniest pockets. As in the case of my friend he had to physically open his retainer case for one security guard. That's a ridiculous request.

matt9112

The bag borrowing is a joke. Some of the people look to make sure you don't have a bowling ball with a candle on the top like a cartoon bomb, while others root around in the tiniest pockets. As in the case of my friend he had to physically open his retainer case for one security guard. That's a ridiculous request.

yeah its far more intrusive than machines. just this past weekend i got stopped in the no bag area because of my keys...once i showed her closer shes like oh just keys ok.....

Monorail_Red_77

Drove through the new toll plaza at DHS around 7pm on Feb 8th and it was closed since it was close to park closing. I like what they have done differently. With all of the old Toll Plazas they leave three lanes open with green lights after the Toll Plaza closes. This one is different. They mark all lanes red and put up cones across the entire plaza entrance and funnel you to a bypass lane that goes around the plaza to the left. You no longer can go through the plaza, you go around it. I wonder with all the reconfiguration they are doing to the Park entrances, will they be refreshing the Toll Plazas like this as well.

mm121

Photo update as of Thursday, January 31, 2019. "Gate" number signs are installed at some locations in the new bus terminal cover already.

View attachment 346590

In other locations, fans have been installed for the queue lines. They were all running today, probably to ensure they work.

View attachment 346591

And now, the most boring photo. Traffic direction lines have been painted on the new flush pavement just outside the blue bollards near the Hollywood Studios gondola station.

View attachment 346592

Ground level views of the new security checkpoint structure at the entrance to Hollywood Studios.

View attachment 346596

View attachment 346597
Interesting that DHS is getting permanent security structures when magic kingdom just got tents when it was redone

kthomas105

Interesting that DHS is getting permanent security structures when magic kingdom just got tents when it was redone

Here is the thread discussing permanent improvements for all 4 WDW parks. They are putting permanent security check points in place as well as updated tram loops, landscaping and other general improvements to make entering the parks better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom