DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

peter11435

Garages are an option of last resort,

Plus not sure they could fund garages at the parks with bonds from RCID, like at Disney springs since the garages are paid access not public access.
Depends. Take a look at the Mickey and and Friends Garage situation at Disneyland.

flynnibus

Premium Member
For those that have been since the bus loop construction started... isn’t it like a death march to get all the way to those remote far end bus stops?

I know I didn’t like the temporary stops they had where the skyliner is now... and these seem significantly further. In some ways the new ones look like they will be closer verse the loooong row. But still. Last thing anyone wants to do after a long day of Disney is March a half mile to your complimentary transportation

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For those that have been since the bus loop construction started... isn’t it like a death march to get all the way to those remote far end bus stops?

I know I didn’t like the temporary stops they had where the skyliner is now... and these seem significantly further. In some ways the new ones look like they will be closer verse the loooong row. But still. Last thing anyone wants to do after a long day of Disney is March a half mile to your complimentary transportation

Not getting into how long is too long, but for comparison...

The walk from DHS hub to what will be the furthest bus stop is .54 miles.

That's the same distance from the Epcot fountain to its furthest bus stop.

Which is the same distance from Tusker House to the furthest bus stop.

Which is the same distance from the Tea Cups to the furthest bus stop.

However, for the MK, that's the furthest Disney resort stop, if you're going to a non-Disney bus, you have to go through the monorail or ferry greatly extending the time to get to the bus.

flynnibus

Premium Member

However, for the MK, that's the furthest Disney resort stop, if you're going to a non-Disney bus, you have to go through the monorail or ferry greatly extending the time to get to the bus.

The only saving grace is it looks the like end-game will be a tad shorter. I know for sure I did not like the change from adjacent to entrance to... "up around the bend" at DHS.

The only part I don't like about the MK route is having to get the tram yet if parked far away. The monorail or ferry I just feel as part of the journey. I'd that that over immediately being dumped into a traffic light interchange any day...

roj2323

Original Poster
I really wonder why they are taking their sweet time with the tram loop. That whole situation is super bad show and is really a mess from a guest perspective as to where things are.

jrlang1

I bet it would not feel that far if it wasn't a march past fences with absolutely no theming or landscaping, and feeling hemmed in because of the complete lack of views and limited path width.

roj2323

Original Poster
Thanks, I know it's been there awhile
Just thought maybe it was a restroom or something

It's that as well. Most likely they are keeping the building to use it as a security cast break area. It's the perfect size and since they will be pushing security screening away from the park the new security screening area will likely be nearby.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom