DHS New "Flex" Theater

Jon81uk

I was thinking that as well. The building could very well be ready in time for the halloween season.

Given the casting call only appeared a week or two ago I don't think the new show will be out of rehersal that quick.

It is also very strongly rumoured the new show is for the Beauty & the Beast theatre.

This flex theatre is to replace the Backlot theatre (used to have Hunchback and then Frozen show) as that may get demolished for expansion. Also if Indiana Jones gets demolished for Star Wars they need an alternate venue for the cheerleading stuff.

doctornick

Correct, it wouldn't make sense to put a new long term show in here.

True, but I think it's possible they could put a show there temporarily while the Theater of the Stars (where BatB currently is) gets enclosed and then move the show to the Theater of the Stars.

They did that before with BatB going into the Premiere Theater at first while the Theater of the Stars was being built initially and then moving the show to the permanent venue.

roj2323

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So they are painting this building a strange sea foam green color.

As someone else mentioned they have started planting trees and there's quite a few.

Additionally, while it's hard to see in the photos they are in fact building a new wall separating the off stage area from the new on stage entryway.

Last edited:

SpaceMountain77

View attachment 108885 View attachment 108888 View attachment 108889

So they are painting this building a strange sea foam green color.

As someone else mentioned they have started planting trees and there's quite a few.

Additionally, while it's hard to see in the photos they are in fact building a new wall separating the off stage area from the new on stage entryway.

The sea foam green appears to match the Pan-Pacific Auditorium inspired entrance.

It appears the color is in line with the old Hollywood theme.

DisDan

I'm confused about how this area will be accessed? Will it be a dead end next to RnRC? I assume we will have to enter RnRC and walk passed it to reach this theater? From the aerial photos i've seen it seems like the front of this theater is almost completely BEHIND ToT? Maybe I am misreading things, I tend to have a terrible time visualizing things from aerial photos.

dstrawn9889

hmmm, not just a cube dropped in line, this looks like the start of a street... maybe a final connection back to TSPL in the future?

mikeh

hmmm, not just a cube dropped in line, this looks like the start of a street... maybe a final connection back to TSPL in the future?

I think this is an end of line area as there is a wall just to the left of my second picture. I would imagine there is a lot of room for when a show lets out. I hope there is more than one way in and out of this area.

dstrawn9889

yes an end FOR NOW(no info either way, just looks more upscale then an End of Line building, they could have just run the wall from the RT corner of the building, but they made a 'plaza' out of the area)... the concrete wall behind in the pic on the RT is EoL.

dstrawn9889

Now looking at Google Earth, that kind of walkway back to TSPL would be ...Inconvenient, since there is a ruddy large SS15 building(RNRC) in the way... maybe they intend to extend sunset as they need more space for theatres?

:::::EDIT:::: for Event Space, not theatres

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom