DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

SYRIK2000

There were several Dhs back of house package permits filed this week. If I follow these things correctly, this could put us as soon as days away from starting. Even maybe a week or 2, but I don't think they sit still once the notice of commencement permits are filed.
I believe @marni1971 is saying it has started.

Jon81uk

ToTBellHop

Damn. Did it have to become a staging area that quickly? They sure are gonna lose a lot of capacity at the park and fast.
So I am hearing "why is it taking so long to fix DHS?" and then "what's the rush?"

They can't start this project without a staging area. It makes the most sense to stage in an area that can be cleared in mere months and which will one day hold its own new attractions.

Jon81uk

So I am hearing "why is it taking so long to fix DHS?" and then "what's the rush?"

They can't start this project without a staging area. It makes the most sense to stage in an area that can be cleared in mere months and which will one day hold its own new attractions.

They could also have spent the last year since closing backlot tour clearing the old studio facilities out and then using backstage areas as staging space, rather than taking out an attraction that holds a lot of guests.

Also feels strange that the youngest attraction at the park is among the first to be closed down!

HauntedMansionFLA

Damn. Did it have to become a staging area that quickly? They sure are gonna lose a lot of capacity at the park and fast.
People complain that Disney isn't moving fast enough - now complain an area that's important to get TSL and SWL is closing down. The lands need a staging area. I wonder what the reaction will be when they announce Indy us closing down.

ToTBellHop

They could also have spent the last year since closing backlot tour clearing the old studio facilities out and then using backstage areas as staging space, rather than taking out an attraction that holds a lot of guests.

Also feels strange that the youngest attraction at the park is among the first to be closed down!
Both will be demolished. You can't really pull out BLT without LMA and SoA. Sure, they could have started demoing some of BLT, but they've been using bits and pieces of it. Now the whole lot can be cleared.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom