DHS has a Star Wars problem.

FettFan

Original Poster
Mandolorian is good...not incredible depth of story, but the right balance of story and character sequences

The problem for me is that this latest p!ss poor attempt at rebooting also RELABELED everything in the interests of reselling what is essentially the same product.

If anyone would like to explain “first order” and “resistance” that doesn’t involve 600 pages of outsourced fan fiction novels...I’m all ears.

But use small words...because like 90% of consumers...I’m stupid and need short words

Empire = Nazi Germany
First Order = The Boys From Brazil + Wolfenstein

Spoiler alert for Rise of Skywalker:
41mopiicie89noqadvkhchu834mj62glseyf0mnmt5hablk5vyfz6ewjuagwdnnu.jpg

It’s as stupid as it sounds.

trainplane3

I would say there actually IS room in GE with all of the unused “stage” areas I’ve seen.

But the problem would be that they’re focusing on GE in the sequel trilogy era. Can’t really have Darth Maul or Mace Windu popping up when they’ve been dead since the prequels.

Allegedly. I mean they keep wanting to resurrect Darth Maul so many times that his preserved brain once did a RoboCop 2 in order to fight Luke Skywalker.

That was weird.

Darth Maul is easily the most pathetic character in all of Star Wars. He exists just to die. Over. And over. And over.
Apparently (and luckily if true), that's part of the EU and no longer canon.
Parts of this story are canonized by The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia in its entry on Kahmf, Drell. The Encyclopedia states that Kahmf was in possession of a "mysterious brain" that was rumored to belong to Darth Maul, but does not specify whether the brain actually belonged to Maul. The solid-state hologram goes unmentioned, and the technology, if it canonically exists, is not mentioned at all in the Encyclopedia.

One of the best things about Disney owning Lucas was nuking the EU from orbit. As far as Disney's concerned, Mauls story ended at getting stabbed by Kenobi.

ImperfectPixie

And to see people walking around in star wars garb is even more pathetic.

Yes, it's too much and it's irritating. But it will only get worse before it gets better.

The wands and robes come off as lighthearted fun...the cosplay Star Wars outfits on adults look just sad.

It’s the uniformity that makes the difference...the robes make people a happy kind of collective.
You guys must be a blast at renn faires and comicons. I, for one, adore getting dressed up in a costume for basically any reason. Especially since I met my husband at a costume party on Halloween of 1991. It's fun "being someone else" for a day.

FettFan

Original Poster
[QUOTE="trainplane3, post

One of the best things about Disney owning Lucas was nuking the EU from orbit. As far as Disney's concerned, Mauls story ended at getting stabbed by Kenobi.
[/QUOTE]

As far as I’m concerned, Maul’s story ended in Phantom Menace.

He never turned into a spider-taur, he never, popped up on Tatooine, and that scene in ‘Solo’ was an old recording that Mother of Dragons was talking to in a Flo/Deb style situation.

debflo.jpg

“Hi, I’m Daenerys, and this is my Sith Lord, Maul. But don’t talk to him because he’s crazy.”

TrainsOfDisney

I’m still not sure why Star Wars needs to be different than anything else in Disney Park history. Ursula is in the little mermaid attraction and shows. You can meet Gaston right outside of Beasts castle. Etc. Etc.

FettFan

Original Poster
I’m still not sure why Star Wars needs to be different than anything else in Disney Park history. Ursula is in the little mermaid attraction and shows. You can meet Gaston right outside of Beasts castle. Etc. Etc.

Because just like with pandora, there are a bunch of weirdos who take immersion WAY too seriously.

UNCgolf

Isn't Darth Maul in Solo?

Also, Disney nuking the EU was definitely good, because it was mostly dross. The problem is that some of the stuff that happened in the EU, and more importantly the way the galaxy was set up as a whole, was more interesting than what ended up happening in Episodes 7-9. Thanks for making Star Wars boring, JJ Abrams (yeah, I didn't like some of the story choices made in Last Jedi either, but Abrams is the reason everything was reset back to square one instead of advancing the story in any interesting way).

trainplane3

Also, Disney nuking the EU was definitely good, because it was mostly dross. The problem is that some of the stuff that happened in the EU, and more importantly the way the galaxy was set up as a whole, was more interesting than what ended up happening in Episodes 7-9. Thanks for making Star Wars boring, JJ Abrams (yeah, I didn't like some of the story choices made in Last Jedi either, but Abrams is the reason everything was reset back to square one instead of advancing the story in any interesting way).
He is. I mean when Kenobi kills him in Rebels, which occurs after Solo in the current canon. He tries to use the same move as he did when he killed Qui-Gon, Obiwan ducks, slashes, it's over.

UNCgolf

He is. I mean when Kenobi kills him in Rebels, which occurs after Solo in the current canon. He tries to use the same move as he did when he killed Qui-Gon, Obiwan ducks, slashes, it's over.

Oh. I didn't even know he was in any EU stuff other than those cartoons. Must have been after I quit reading any of it.

trainplane3

Oh. I didn't even know he was in any EU stuff other than those cartoons. Must have been after I quit reading any of it.
Rebels isn't EU.
It gets weird with how they drew the lines. Everything except the Clone Wars show (extremely solid, high budget from season 3 on, shockingly violent at parts) is EU and dead. Rebels (obviously lower budget, more kid friendly) was all in house at Disney. From here on out, anything that gets made is considered canon since it has to go through *some* kind of validation process with Disney and Lucasfilm versus George saying "but can it make me money?" and approving it.

Best move is to shut off your brain and enjoy swords and lasers 🤣

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

He was...

Solo was supposed to be the second “prong” in Disney monetary assault with Star Wars. The abrams remake stuff sputtered...solo flopped and they cancelled more movies.

That’s what has happened. That plan is completely over and the head of the plan had still not been fired - inexplicably
Rebels isn't EU.
It gets weird with how they drew the lines. Everything except the Clone Wars show (extremely solid, high budget from season 3 on, shockingly violent at parts) is EU and dead. Rebels (obviously lower budget, more kid friendly) was all in house at Disney. From here on out, anything that gets made is considered canon since it has to go through *some* kind of validation process with Disney and Lucasfilm versus George saying "but can it make me money?" and approving it.

Best move is to shut off your brain and enjoy swords and lasers 🤣

I led the charge against George’s exploitation and crap peddling on Star Wars since 1999

But wow...I can’t say what Disney has done has cheapened the IP less...might be far worse

trainplane3

He was...

Solo was supposed to be the second “prong” in Disney monetary assault with Star Wars. The abrams remake stuff sputtered...solo flopped and they cancelled more movies.

That’s what has happened. That plan is completely over and the head of the plan had still not been fired - inexplicably
I actually enjoyed Solo because I took it as a bank heist movie but with Star Wars. Kinda bummed it didn't get another movie to cover Maul. It would've shown how he gets to where he is when Rebels starts.
I led the charge against George’s exploitation and crap peddling on Star Wars since 1999

But wow...I can’t say what Disney has done has cheapened the IP less...might be far worse
A lot of the new stuff feels...off. Clone Wars was done very well (pre-Disney, pure George and Filoni), Rebels wasn't the greatest but not bad (Thrawn bits were done well) but Resistance is pretty bad. Mando is solid probably because it's so simple ("monster of the week") but has a larger story running in the background. I'd rather just see Dave Filoni take over everything.

Funny you should mention the head of the plan. The brief Clone Wars revival did have a few things tweaked here and there. Nothing big but they did remove one of the more "adult" jokes from the original unfinished airing:

It was dumped for a touchy-feely holo call.
Can't imagine who made that choice...

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Have not been there since Galaxys Edge opened, but we all know that park needed ALOT....and now it needs balance! I can only see those shows a few times....valuable attraction space for something else theming. AND some decent themed counter service and sit down restaurants while I am dreaming..... :angelic:Sure would LOVE having the Indiana Jones ride there and a semi-land if never going to replace dinoland at AK....but am geeked for Mickeys Runaway Railroad addition and thinks its a good fit. I guess the costumes would not bother me too much unless distasteful takeoffs or parts sticking out to poke others or where they would need a wide berth to pass....like a Jabba the Hut would be rather space consuming:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom