DHS has a Star Wars problem.

FettFan

Original Poster
1. There is too much Star Wars.
It’s got its own section of the park; time to kill Launch Bay already.
And get the Star Wars merch out of Hollywood Avenue.

2. Galaxy’s Edge is impressive enough, but it’s a friggin NIGHTMARE to navigate without using google maps gps tracking.

Especially bad given that there are so many people dressing in SW themed costumes that you can’t really tell them apart from cast members.

Attachments

• 78E61565-F21F-4FF5-8324-DC789BBD4813.jpeg
    78E61565-F21F-4FF5-8324-DC789BBD4813.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 261

Weather_Lady

Given my OCD tendencies, I agree that it would make infinite sense for Disney to consolidate its Star Wars "stuff" into Galaxy's Edge. (While they're at it, I'd love it if they'd take "Frozen" out of Norway and Guardians of the Galaxy out of Future World's upcoming-renamed "World Discovery" land, because they're equally misplaced.)

However, that would cost money and take attractions offline for extended periods of time, something that Hollywood Studios can ill-afford in its current state, so I'm not optimistic that it will ever happen.

Last edited:

Benjamin_Nicholas

The problem with Disney and Star Wars is that they own it, lock stock & barrel, and won't ever edit themselves.

This is where Uni does better with Potter: With JK calling the shots, she knew what she wanted, knew what she didn't want and doesn't allow Uni to overblow it. It was her baby and remains so. I think the balance is better.

Galaxy's Edge is a mess in many ways. The rides are fine, but the merch and the 'experience' feels off to me. Granted, I'm don't geek out over Star Wars (never have), but know good theming when I experience it.

JIMINYCR

DHS needed something more to help build it up and create interest, but SW wasnt a good fit. Thats why SW should have had its own park or at least included it into being a large section of a park. There is enough to the series and vast number of characters to fill a much larger area. The area devoted in DHS from the beginning was too small and limiting it to only that part of the series was a mistake.
I agree allowing guests to dress up can be confusing especially to young kids and should be discouraged excerpt on nights when an SW special event might take place.

ninjaprincesst

Given my OCD tendencies, I agree that it would make infinite sense for Disney to consolidate its Star Wars "stuff" into Galaxy's Edge. (While they're at it, I'd love it if they'd take "Frozen" out of Norway and Guardians of the Galaxy out of Future World's upcoming-renamed "World Discovery" land, because they're equally misplaced.)

However, that would cost money and take attractions offline for extended periods of time, something that Hollywood Studios can ill-afford in its current state, so I'm not optimistic that it will ever happen.
The fact is the meet and greets are too popular and there is no where to move all of them into Galaxy Edge.

SteamboatJoe

No inside knowledge but I suspect it will eventually be re-organized and consolidated. It likely just won't all happen at once. Replacements require ideas, designs, and dedicated capital; the latter being the hardest and most time consuming to obtain. Disney often has plans for these types of changes. They just are sometimes implemented over a period of several years which can make it hard, at times, to see the endgame.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Well the needle is certainly loaded in the SW angle right now...

1 - its the only 'new' stuff
2 - there is a lot of it
3 - its in 3 out of 4 corners of the park

My elderly parents made this same conclusion from their trip this month. They literally said "DHS is the star wars park.. and Avatar in Animal Kingdom was great". They actually liked FOP more than ROTR... and even put SR in front of ROTR in some ways due to the higher movement/engagement.

Having the GMR replacement open will help... replacing the theatre and animation courtyard (Launch Bay) stuff will help as well.

I think the comments are valid.. I just think it's kinda temporary.

FettFan

Original Poster
The fact is the meet and greets are too popular and there is no where to move all of them into Galaxy Edge.

I would say there actually IS room in GE with all of the unused “stage” areas I’ve seen.

But the problem would be that they’re focusing on GE in the sequel trilogy era. Can’t really have Darth Maul or Mace Windu popping up when they’ve been dead since the prequels.

Allegedly. I mean they keep wanting to resurrect Darth Maul so many times that his preserved brain once did a RoboCop 2 in order to fight Luke Skywalker.

That was weird.

Darth Maul is easily the most pathetic character in all of Star Wars. He exists just to die. Over. And over. And over.

Mickey5150

Consolidating all Star Wars into Galaxy's Edge would ruin the whole idea of being on Batuu, so that should not happen. However, Launch bay could go away and have it's elements moved around. Certain meet and greets could move to Batuu as long as the characters are alive in the new trilogy. The rest of the launch bay could move to the area around Star Tours. Tatooine Traders could be expanded to hold all merchandise and the Backlot Express could be rethemed to the Lucasfilm Backlot Express. Remove the random backlot theming and replace it with props, models and designs from Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Willow, Labyrinth, and any other Lucasfilm properties. This then turns the area from Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost to Tatooine Traders into a "Lucasfilm Land."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
DHS needed something more to help build it up and create interest, but SW wasnt a good fit. Thats why SW should have had its own park or at least included it into being a large section of a park. There is enough to the series and vast number of characters to fill a much larger area. The area devoted in DHS from the beginning was too small and limiting it to only that part of the series was a mistake.
I agree allowing guests to dress up can be confusing especially to young kids and should be discouraged excerpt on nights when an SW special event might take place.

Star Wars isn’t anywhere close to strong enough to carry its own park.

I know this is Disney fandom and nobody wants to hear it...but the franchise has taken too many body blows at this point. We’ll see how it plays.
That’s not the case...meet and greets don’t serve that many people...so by default they’re always “too popular”
No inside knowledge but I suspect it will eventually be re-organized and consolidated. It likely just won't all happen at once. Replacements require ideas, designs, and dedicated capital; the latter being the hardest and most time consuming to obtain. Disney often has plans for these types of changes. They just are sometimes implemented over a period of several years which can make it hard, at times, to see the endgame.
The problem is they Already took their shot at completely overhauling mgm...and it’s shocking how ineffective it ended up.

Look at the park footprint...it’s now set in stone for the conceivable future. Didn’t even get a parking garage out of it.

That place is not gonna change much now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom