DHS gets Monsters Inc Land w/ dark ride?

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Rumor from another site:

Some of the area that was abandoned in DHS when the animation movie studio closed up shop is going to be converted into Monsters Inc. land complete with a dark ride.

----------------------

Anyone heard anything about this? Its from a pretty reliable poster on that forum.

kcnole

Could be, I haven't heard anything about it, but we know that's going to be Pixar Place. Its going to be more than just one Toy Story ride, not at first, but eventually. I just wish we'd have gotten Tokyo's Monsters Inc ride instead of Toy Story Mania.

WeLComeHomE OKW

i heard its gonna be a pretty progressive ride about "monsters gathering up the courage to come out of the closet."

my reliable sources state disney will be announcing it on june 29th to coincide with San Fransico's annual "Gay Pride Parade" and launching it in early November, so that it may help put a democrat into office and make people more aware of the issues of today.

pretty bold step if you ask me.

EPCOTCenterLover

I'd LOVE a great Monsters Inc ride. DCA's is pretty good for a dark ride, but if they would build one from scratch that would include the flying doors scene- cool!

aladdin2007

Yeah DHS has never had a dark ride in terms of dark rides. I guess The Great Movie ride is sorta kinda one on a grand scale, but the park always lacked a classic style dark ride. Monsters Inc would be great.

jedimaster1227

Rumor from another site:

Some of the area that was abandoned in DHS when the animation movie studio closed up shop is going to be converted into Monsters Inc. land complete with a dark ride.

----------------------

Anyone heard anything about this? Its from a pretty reliable poster on that forum.

Monsters Land? Nope.

A dark ride themed to a Pixar film (possibly Monsters) integrated into Pixar place? Almost definitely--though it depends on how far you can stretch the definition of a *traditional* dark ride... :animwink:

NewfieFan

Monsters Land? Nope.

A dark ride themed to a Pixar film (possibly Monsters) integrated into Pixar place? Almost definitely--though it depends on how far you can stretch the definition of a *traditional* dark ride... :animwink:

Oh jedimaster, you always give us the answer which leads to more questions...:animwink:

NewfieFan

Eh, we already have a terrible monsters inc ride at the MK. We don't need another at DHS.

Please, let's not judge this even before it gets announced. They'll be plenty of time for complaining later! And how do you know that this ride (or whatever the heck it might be) won't be fantastic!?! Just b/c it's Monsters Inc. it's not allowed now!?! Monsters Inc. was/is a great movie and is still very popular even now - sounds like a good idea to me.

But what do I know!?!:shrug:

Discoveryland is more of a Tomorrowland than WDWs one still though, just more of a retro send-off

Also not getting the Laugh Floor hate, I guess its a marmite sort of attraction. :shrug:

Though I admit I'ld prefer a comeback of the animation lot. Maybe Pixar could take over the space and make movies there? :lookaroun

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think the laugh floor is not bad and it is getting better over time. I do think it fits better in another place but so did a lot of other past attractions in Tomorrowland.

The only thing I don't like is how we seem to have 2-3 different parks for each franchise.

Toy Story is at MK and soon DHS
Finding Nemo is at AK and Epcot
Lion King is all over the place (Epcot, AK, DHS's Fantasmic, MK's Philharmagic)

etc. I just dont think every park should have the same character theme in them...where's the diversity?

t3techcom18

I agree. Laugh Floor was VERY bad at first, but, as the tweakings got in, got a whole LOT better. Is a must-see each time I go? No. But if you're looking to kill time and have some fun in the process, will it work? Yes. Do I think it fits in Tomorrowland? Definitely not, but at least they used space and themed it well enough to integrate, and not leaving the actual large building to disintegrate on its own, as that's bad show.

My main thing is that Pixar attractions keep coming in, and less originals by the Imagineers themselves. It's showing very much, hence why the MK used to be my favorite park when I was little, but once it started to have characters intertwined in or about late 90's/2002 and on (after Buzz went in), I keep going less and less or just when I want to, not 'let's always go there' like before. Sure, I love the characters; but to me, this is the same thing as the Stitch situation a few years back before and after SGE opened; it's just getting annoying. There IS such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom