DHS CARS LAND

Kyled48

Dhs needs to incorporate their minor companies such as George Lucas, marvel and Pixar. From seeing DCA and all of its success, I think a full park renovation is the way to go.

Just hear my idea for carsland. You make the empty building next to one mans dream into a Pixar animation studio. This will act as a portal for the land. This will be the loading dock for the E ticket ride. You will load into the car just outside of rhe studio. There will also be a side entrence for anyone that doesn't want to ride th E ticket ride. The whole land will go horizontally behind animation courtyard.

But for sure streets of America needs somthing new! Any ideas?!?!?!?

Californian Elitist

Dhs needs to incorporate their minor companies such as George Lucas, marvel and Pixar. From seeing DCA and all of its success, I think a full park renovation is the way to go.

Just hear my idea for carsland. You make the empty building next to one mans dream into a Pixar animation studio. This will act as a portal for the land. This will be the loading dock for the E ticket ride. You will load into the car just outside of rhe studio. There will also be a side entrence for anyone that doesn't want to ride th E ticket ride. The whole land will go horizontally behind animation courtyard.

WDW is forbidden from using Marvel in the parks.

Bryner84

The problem there is, where do you create the distinction between "Stuff that belongs in Fantasyland" and "Stuff that belongs in the Animation Courtyard"?
I would like to see Animation Courtyard be more about the art of creating animation rather than "these are animated movies so let's throw them here". That might stick to the park's original intent a little too closely though. Crazy talk!

Wikkler

The removal of characters from the non-castle parks is nothing more than a fanboy dream. It is never ever happening. Ever.

I'm not going to get my blood pressure up over the impossible.

I know it isn't because TDO thinks that guests aren't satisfied with the level of characters in Epcot, DHS, and DAK. Oh, Canada needs more Brother Bear!!!!!!! Expedition Everest with Mulan!!!!!!! SCROOGE'S TOWER OF TERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Wikkler

I would like to see Animation Courtyard be more about the art of creating animation rather than "these are animated movies so let's throw them here". That might stick to the park's original intent a little too closely though. Crazy talk!

I think I missed the target actually... Yeah I agree

spacemt354

Chili's

Welcome to the forums!

I completely agree with you. A full park renovation DCA style is the way to go. Though I'm not even sure I would want a full Carsland as part of the renovation. I think first and foremost, DHS needs to be thematically sound, and by that I mean attempt to forge complete lands throughout the park. That's why I don't think a full Carsland would work, because is it part of Pixar Place (about 3/4) of it, or is it a land among itself, which would be strange considering Pixar Place is right next to it.

I think Pixar Place should show off more than just Cars and Toy Story. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see a Cars presence, just not so much that it leaves no room for other Pixar brands. I wouldn't mind seeing a different version of Radiator Springs Racers, perhaps just a dark ride, because DHS is in need of some family dark rides. And maybe Flo's Cafe as an aside. In addition to that, I think revamping the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set to A Bug's Life would be a nice. I think moving Pizza Planet to Pixar Place would be another nice thematic adjustment for the park. Then you're left with a bunch of options. There was always the rumor of the Monster's Inc doors coaster, though that seems to be going to DCA now according to the latest sources. An Incredibles ride, Up? Brave? There are several other options and we'll just have to wait and see if one is chosen.

Then as part of this massive refurb, I would assume the Hat would be gone. And that Fantasmic would get a nice refurb. There's also rumors that Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid Shows are being replaced with Tangled and Phineas and Ferb shows respectively. And we can only hope that TDO realizes the potential of the Star Wars product they just purchased, and creates a Star Wars land. If they want to compete with Potter over at Universal, I feel like Star Wars is truly the only brand out there with the ability to generate wholehearted enthusiasm and revitalize an entire park for the better. Carsland worked to revitalize DCA, but I doubt a duplicate would work as well for DHS. Star Wars is the way to go, imo. We can only hope that D23 lives up to expectations.

BryceM

When it comes to DHS, I don't even know what I think that they should do.

Part of me wants to see the name stay the same, Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard to stay the same (minus the Sorcerer's Hat) and then the park to be divided into Pixar Studios, Muppet Studios, Lucasfilm Studios and Walt Disney Animation Studios.

The other part of me wants to see a new name and a new identity, with the whole left half of the park completely demolished. But I can't think of a proper theme for the park that keeps Hollywood & Sunset Blvd. but leaves everything else in the dust. Agh. Maybe "Disney's California Adventure in Florida"? Haha.

Bryner84

I know it isn't because TDO thinks that guests aren't satisfied with the level of characters in Epcot, DHS, and DAK. Oh, Canada needs more Brother Bear!!!!!!! Expedition Everest with Mulan!!!!!!! SCROOGE'S TOWER OF TERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Intrigued about this expedition with Mulan you speak of...

spacemt354

Chili's

Part of me wants to see the name stay the same, Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard to stay the same (minus the Sorcerer's Hat) and then the park to be divided into Pixar Studios, Muppet Studios, Lucasfilm Studios and Walt Disney Animation Studios.

The other part of me wants to see a new name and a new identity, with the whole left half of the park completely demolished. But I can't think of a proper theme for the park that keeps Hollywood & Sunset Blvd. but leaves everything else in the dust. Agh. Maybe "Disney's California Adventure in Florida"? Haha.

I like your first option better

coolbeans14

Intrigued about this expedition with Mulan you speak of...

I think Scrooges tower of terror sounds pretty great. Just imagine the cost of merchandise!

FrankLapidus

I'm torn between the same two ideas but at the moment I'm leaning more towards the second and because the park is such a thematic mess and until we know what Disney are planning for DHS, it's difficult to see how they are going to solve that. Your first idea would be an ideal solution in my eyes; rather than stick in a Carsland or Monstropolis I would prefer a broader Pixar land that incorporated more of their films rather than just Cars or Monsters, Inc. You would imagine a bigger Lucasfilm presence is almost inevitable, especially with more Star Wars films on the way. There's a lot of potential in DHS, hopefully Disney take advantage of that and restore the rest of the park to the quality of Hollywood & Sunset Boulevard.

Bryner84

I just don't see the necessity of an entire land dedicated to one IP in order to create an immersive atmosphere. Tower of Terror complements, reinforces, and enhances Sunset Blvd without it being "Twilight Zone Creepy Fun Land" complete with requisite quick serve and gift shop. A cohesively themed land with supporting but different attractions broadens the base and appeal, helps prevent waning interest if and when the IP loses appeal, and is easier to update in the future as there is no need to rip out an entire land. That level of sophistication is what is needed in the rest of HS, not something that will heavily weight the park in one direction especially when there are so few rides as is. Three rides dedicated to Cars, MI, or even Lucas would mean 1/3 of the parks rides would be dedicated to one franchise (depending on how you would classify the Lucas properties). I think that would detract from the park's identity, not build it up.

Kyled48

In my opinion, there is a potential in this park. This park was basically slapped together in desperation because of universal. I would like to see more dark rides and maybe another E ticket or two. Only time will tell what wdw has to offer! Me and my father were kind of talking about how they have covered most topics and that ak and dhs need revamps dca style! For sure, there is not going to be a disney sea park, I have heard this from a few imagineers and it is only obvious that they would save under the sea for a disney sea park, I may open a thread, refurb ideas!!

midwest_mice

I think that the Fantasmic Theatre has potential to set up where they could bring a World of Color Show there. If they could somehow move Fantasmic to MK on Tom Sawyer Island as the backdrop and use the paddlewheeler for the show like in DL, that would be neat.
As far as Carsland, I would rather see a Cars dark ride, Monsters dark ride, a few Carsland type shops/eateries and then the big project to be Star Wars themed. Also wouldn't mind the Indy Stunt show gone and replaced with the Indy dark ride from DL.

Goofyernmost

Dhs definitely needs some revamping. Here are a few ideas, elaborate on them if possible.

1) monsters university campus in streets of America
2) carsland off the back of Pixar place
3) removing the sorcerers hat
4)elaborating on the backlot tour
If #2 is done, then #4 no longer exists and since they have been slowly killing it over the years, they might just as well give it a decent burial and go on with new life. I don't have a problem with #3 but I don't want to see Streets of America turned over to the Monsters.:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom