DHS CARS LAND

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was just thinking they need something big for 2015. So if it is just RSR that seems doable. They do not have to build all that rockwork AND they could incorporate the Canyon. It also would help define the extent of Pixar too.

I have warmed to the idea of RSR because it won't cost nearly as much as the DL version and is guaranteed to be a success. Much of the infrastructure and show building will easily be hidden. It helps make the best use of that corner of DHS also. There are a lot of positives with this add if it happens.

DHS needs more thrills, Backlot tour would go, the unmagical stadium might go and Pixar has room to grow rather then being shoehorned in everywhere.

I am on the bandwagon.

You can do RSR without the town in my opinion, but you have to have all the rockwork, its part of what makes the ride so good. Of course, I don't like the idea of them cloning any part of Carsland, would rather they do something new.

jt04

Of course they need the rock work. I can't imagine how crappy it would look without it. And the last thing DHS needs is more thrill rides.

I did not say it did not need rockwork I said it won't have to be as extensive as was necessary at DCA. The only reason they built such a massive environment is because they had to to hide power lines. They can get nearly the effect at WDW with forced perspective. I also think we could get an entirely different 'locale' if this is true.

And YES, DHS needs thrills thrills thrills!

bethymouse

OMG! i so... hope it's true and that a formal announcement will be coming soon! I don't see why they shouldn't "clone" carsland. LMA was "cloned" from DLParis wasn't it?
Best news ever! I am thrilled!:D

WDWFigment

The best parts of Cars Land are: 1) the rockwork, 2) Radiator Springs, 3) Radiator Springs Racers--in that order. While I don't want to see Cars Land cloned at all, I almost want to see #2 left out of the DHS' version just so California still has something unique. I could also see Disney not wanting to spend as much money on the DHS version, so that might be what we get by default. Plus, it only seems fitting that Disneyland Resort get the better version... ;)

If DHS doesn't get Radiator Springs, I do hope the money that could have been spent on the town is allocated elsewhere. I'm not advocating that Disney do this on the cheap.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
has anyone laid cars land on top of dhs? cause I might have to do that

Doing a quick side my side comparison, if you took out LMA and Catastrophe Canyon, there appears to be enough room for RSR, but I don't see how the town would fit without extending into currently undeveloped areas.

Based on pictures other have posted I withdraw this statement.

misterID

I did not say it did not need rockwork I said it won't have to be as extensive as was necessary at DCA. The only reason they built such a massive environment is because they had to to hide power lines. They can get nearly the effect at WDW with forced perspective. I also think we could get an entirely different 'locale' if this is true.

And YES, DHS needs thrills thrills thrills!

The "extensive" rockwork adds to its immersive detail and experience of the attraction. It's what everyone points to as one of the best aspects of the ride.

And have you even been to DHS lately?o_O

Rose Marie

has anyone laid cars land on top of dhs? cause I might have to do that
This is what I did to picture it. I'm sure that the layout will be modified but there is plenty of space back there for expansion if they knock down garbage like LMA and the tour.

ihVIC.gif

jt04

The "extensive" rockwork adds to its immersive detail and experience of the attraction. It's what everyone points to as one of the best aspects of the ride.

And have you even been to DHS lately?o_O

I just do not see them spending that kind of cash unless they have to. And in this case they don't have to. Perhaps the money they save could go into other content for Pixar Place and beyond! MI?

"Lately" is such a subjective word. Besides I am there virtually quite often.

Swfewrmco

Of course RSR will be cloned. Why else do you make a ride that drives through the town of RS when you just walked through the town to get in line for the ride? Because they plan to build the ride somewhere they don't plan on replicating the entire Carsland experience.

invader

I really hope they carefully plan this and don't just smack it where LMA is. LMA isn't large enough to fit all of Cars Land, so something else has to go. Do you take over SoA and get rid of Osbourne or do you take over BLT and leave little Pixar Place expansion room.... Things that make you go hmm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom