Detailed look at new 'Spirited Beasts' Anime exhibit at Japan Pavilion

EpcotServo

Wow, I have to say I'm really surprised! I'll have to do some up-close fact checking (Like why Rei Ayanami from Evangelion is there...Interested to see the historical connection to her is other than being one of Japan's most popular woman in Pop Culture for being the "Silent character". )

Lots of obscure stuff, which is great. Plus I see good examples of the connection they are trying to make in Inuyasha and Lum! (Though I have to see the Lum they have...who looks not be in her iconic moon-demon bikini. :lol: )

Can't wait to see it in person. I wish all the Epcot galleries would change out every year or so!

Figment1986

Wow, I have to say I'm really surprised! I'll have to do some up-close fact checking (Like why Rei Ayanami from Evangelion is there...Interested to see the historical connection to her is other than being one of Japan's most popular woman in Pop Culture for being the "Silent character". )

I can help right now, but it's got some incorrect facts in my opinion:

933205801_UCF69-M.jpg

933204036_UmTYx-M.jpg

This is why the hair piece is there...
933205425_TdrH4-M.jpg

muteki

Well, the average exhibit visitor isn't going to notice, and what is there is not exactly incorrect, just a really loose interpretation of the subject matter, or rather, a really silly way of writing it.

i.e. "robotic" should be taken figuratively, not literally.

However I don't recall any cat tails from the original source, and if they are pulling from third-party stuff then they could write anything and it would be accurate, in this case :p.

The exhibits are usually there for at least a year, but I have not seen any timeframe for this particular one.

Thanks, interested to see it if I can next trip. In cases such as these, should I be seeing this bit of news on the front page? If so I must have missed it.

EpcotServo

Seeing as though she never once turns into, or really has anything to do with Cats, and is not in any way a Robot, I'd say "Incorrect Facts" indeed.
:lol:

It does look like a nice gallery, and while not particularly the greatest ad for animation diversity, it may help educate people and kids on the rich historical heritage many of the shows share. Japanese demons, warriors, and legends are particularly interesting on any level.

Texas84

Can't wait to see it! I wish Disney would get more into this market. Now we need to turn the Yakitori-ya into a maid cafe'! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom