Destini and Lumiere?

ryanduggers

Original Poster
After watching the video of Destini, I can't stop thinking that this technology could be used for a Lumiere animatronic that would greet guests at the Be Our Guest restaurant. Could Disney be showing us what they are doing, without admitting it? Your thoughts? I seem to remember them mentioning a Lumiere AA.

jjharvpro

After watching the video of Destini, I can't stop thinking that this technology could be used for a Lumiere animatronic that would greet guests at the Be Our Guest restaurant. Could Disney be showing us what they are doing, without admitting it? Your thoughts? I seem to remember them mentioning a Lumiere AA.

Lumiere AA will be revolutionary. This is one of the most difficult WDI has had to create, and will be very innovative. Destini's technology could be used for it maybe, but from what I guessed, Destini is just a WDI test, far from when its tech will be seen in the Parks.

RSoxNo1

Imagineers that were at the Carousel of Projects admitted that they didn't quite know what they were going to do with Destini, they just developed the technology. I believe Garner Holt is doing something similar, ironically with a complex Yeti animatronic.

djkidkaz

All I saw Destini do was respond when something was said to him. It looked exactly like the poetess in the new HM que where she reads the poem and then you have to say the word aloud. All they did was not have an AA in there moving around. What else could Destini do?

Scuttle

Imagineers that were at the Carousel of Projects admitted that they didn't quite know what they were going to do with Destini, they just developed the technology. I believe Garner Holt is doing something similar, ironically with a complex Yeti animatronic.

What!? That's beyond ironic!

THECARISMINE

They could always put alittle puppet face on him (or not) and give him his own tent in Circusland. Heck they could even call it an attraction. Doubt they would but would love if they did.

bhg469

this is a video of him

its really cool just how everything is becoming so interactive. i hope that in 10-20 years most of the characters in the parks will have the ability to actually speak and interact with guests.

A few years ago when Kim possible was testing there was an interactive toy soldier in the window of the toy shop in the UK. He was very similiar and I remember the youtube video of him being very witty with the guests who were playing the game. I didn't think they would keep up that level of interactivity for the permanent game but it would be nice to see more interactive characters like this in the future.

MUTZIE77

Didnt Disney have an AA just like Destini that was on the Disney channel after DCA opened plugging the new park and its rides and technology? I cant for the life of me think of his name.

Magenta Panther

Lumiere AA will be revolutionary. This is one of the most difficult WDI has had to create, and will be very innovative. Destini's technology could be used for it maybe, but from what I guessed, Destini is just a WDI test, far from when its tech will be seen in the Parks.

Wait, so you're saying there's going to be a Lumiere AA, maybe in Beast's Castle??? AWESOME if that's true!!!!

flynnibus

Premium Member
All I saw Destini do was respond when something was said to him. It looked exactly like the poetess in the new HM que where she reads the poem and then you have to say the word aloud. All they did was not have an AA in there moving around. What else could Destini do?

respond to how many people are there.. where you are (and look at you vs generically around, etc).. identify what you were wearing.. all kinds of stuff.

The idea is that the programming allows for dynamic script and movements.. and reacting to what is presented to it.

sod4

It's true, it's been announced!

They showed a video of a computer model of the AA at the Parks and Resorts panel at this year's D23.

While it was not a video of the actual AA, I believe that the Computer model is intended to accurately reflect the actual AA's movement abilities.

All that being said, the AA looks *awesome*. He has such spindly arms that are actually moving in a realistic fashion. If they are able to pull it off, it will be amazing.

pppapazo

I wonder if the Lumiere AA will be used in both the Enchanted Tales with Belle attraction and the Be Our Guest restaurant. I know it was reported earlier in the year that Enchanted Tales would also have a Wardrobe AA. I know this is essentially going to be a souped up version of the old show at the Fairytale Garden, but it's starting to sound like it's going to be quite an improvement. Fingers crossed, as always.

powlessfamily4

I wonder if the Lumiere AA will be used in both the Enchanted Tales with Belle attraction and the Be Our Guest restaurant. I know it was reported earlier in the year that Enchanted Tales would also have a Wardrobe AA. I know this is essentially going to be a souped up version of the old show at the Fairytale Garden, but it's starting to sound like it's going to be quite an improvement. Fingers crossed, as always.

Crossing my fingers too. I would really love to see this happen with the Enchanted Tales, The wardrobe was always one of my favorites in Beauty and the Beast and I would love to hear Jo Anne Worley or someone who can imitate her do the voice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom