News Destination D23 2023

Figments Friend

Cool free pin being given away at the sponsors booth…(Lug).

IMG_2060.jpeg

And speaking of pins….
Check out these fun Electric Mayhem mini pinback buttons!
I’m not a mega Muppet fan, but can appreciate these.
Dr. Teeth and the band rule.

IMG_2053.jpeg

Figments Friend

I was thinking about this the other day. How hard would it be for Pixar to create a Dreamfinder/Figment short (15-20 minutes or so) that played in the IP theater? Seems like an easy way to make fans happy and greatly enhance the pavilion.

This was suggested ages ago internally.
A film shown in 3D in the Magic Eye Theatre.
But to date, nothing has come of it.

There already exists a film from the early 1980s featuring the characters.
Would be cool to screen it….but I doubt Disney would dare.

-

Inspired Figment

This was suggested ages ago internally.
A film shown in 3D in the Magic Eye Theatre.
But to date, nothing has come of it.

There already exists a film from the early 1980s featuring the characters.
Would be cool to screen it….but I doubt Disney would dare.

-
Waaait.. are we talking about that unreleased preshow for Magic Journeys’ preview during EPCOT’s opening by Mike Jittlov, or a full 3D film from the 80s featuring the characters made but has never been acknowledged til now? ‘That’ is interesting stuff I never knew about…

Last edited:

Fido Chuckwagon

What are the unannounced projects? Can someone announce them, please?!

I’m hoping for the island of Barbados at CBR to receive a new paint scheme so it is not identical to Trinidad! C’mon Disney!!
A whole bunch of new limited edition popcorn buckets! There’ll be a virtual queue to get them.

tanc

I watched a famous disvlogger talk about it, he overall was a pretty positive person, and to hear his thoughts was pretty interesting. He basically said that the way Disney presents is why D23 is so disappointing to some people. If Disney were to just straight up say that they consider meet and greet "big announcements" then I don't think people would be nearly as disappointed. Then of course bringing out actors of some of these characters just seems like setting up something monumental, only to just say a meet and greet is happening. I really don't get who is behind planning these presentations but whoever it is is certainly not doing any favors. People tune in to see new concrete 100% in production ideas, not "take a look at this concept of something we COULD make".

TTA94

I think it's been suggested quite a few times that new parades and whatnot are on the horizon.

Well the last comment that was said about a night parade was that it’s to early in the process and they are not ready to talk about it. Suggesting it’s not happening in the near future and more blue sky or a couple years.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I watched a famous disvlogger talk about it, he overall was a pretty positive person, and to hear his thoughts was pretty interesting. He basically said that the way Disney presents is why D23 is so disappointing to some people. If Disney were to just straight up say that they consider meet and greet "big announcements" then I don't think people would be nearly as disappointed. Then of course bringing out actors of some of these characters just seems like setting up something monumental, only to just say a meet and greet is happening. I really don't get who is behind planning these presentations but whoever it is is certainly not doing any favors. People tune in to see new concrete 100% in production ideas, not "take a look at this concept of something we COULD make".
They’re in a bit of a bind

They had zero intention of adding anything for a decade after the last couple of years of slow roll openings

Bobism…

But the business is in trouble…Bob is in Trouble…and significant economic issues are hanging over all of it.

I don’t think they can afford it considering the stock pressure they’re under either.

But they caused it all. Bad management philosophy for way too long. You reap what you sow

po1998

Updates on the Play! Pavilion and Mary Poppins? If not, the rest of these announcements should be taken with a
grain of salt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom