News Destination D23 2023

MerlinTheGoat

So I’m confused. Dino land and MK and TT are just concepts at this point?
Yes, they clearly said it was a bunch of blue sky maybes. There's no telling if any of the MK or AK projects ever happen at all, or if they'll change form a bunch more times. They're already dramatically different than the stuff they showed off last year. Last year, Moana and Zootopia were shown off for Dinoland, that's now scrapped. Beyond Big Thunder was supposed to be Coco, Encanto and Villains Land. Now they've moved Encanto over to AK along with Indy. I wouldn't bet on any of this being close to final.

maleficentfan

The good news: I didn't throw my laptop!
The bad news: That's an hour and a half of my life I'm never getting back.

Let's be honest. We all realized we weren't getting any big announcements this year because it's a Destination D23, not the actual full convention out in Anaheim. But still, the announcements we got were... lackluster... at best. The only real thing I think got me perked up was the announcement of the new nighttime spectacular at EPCOT and the reimagining of Test Track, whatever that happens to be.

I think the big slap to the face for all of us was "Look what awesome stuff is happening at a park nowhere near where you live if you're in the USA and look at all the amazing 'announcements' we have for you here at Disneyland and WDW!". Hopefully D23 next year will fill in the missing puzzle pieces for us here at WDW because we are in need of some serious love, especially with all the teasing that they've done with MK and AK expansions.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Overall I’m content with what they had planned.

Would I like more? Of course.

I feel like next D23 will be when they fill go all out and get these ideas fully out for the public.
It’s about capacity. That’s why things are expensive and have begun to suck.

This is a disaster on that front. If you expected real change which many of us no longer do

Epcot81Fan

In theory IF the encanto/indy/whatever land happens it could. But only because Dinoland is a ghost town most of the time.

The rest of it? Zilch.
I was not referring to increasing current capacity utilization, have they announced any incremental new attractions that would increase today’s current capacity?

DomVF07

So, hypothetical. But, if last year they proposed Encanto/Villains blue sky beyond BTM and now switching gears and throwing Encanto/South America in DAK….again hypothetical and full of wishful thinking but quite possibly Villains has life behind BTM?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can’t believe they have decided to just…concede to Epic Universe.
They actually did it years ago…

And simply for this:

1694270741595.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom