News Destination D23 2023

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
donald duck disney GIF

MrPromey

LMAO!!!

blue sky concepts cost too much 🤪🤪
That trick worked great last year - heck, the threads discussing what it will all be and how they're going to be doing it are still going strong - but if they were to try it a second time without having moved any dirt from last year's "announcements", fans might start to catch on... maybe. ;)

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

I can't imagine they'd announce anything at this inbetween event. They need to save anything big for D23 Expo, especially after the last lacklustre year.

If anything, they would use this platform to provide updates on existing projects, and or announce some smaller WDW related projects.

MrPromey

I can't imagine they'd announce anything at this inbetween event. They need to save anything big for D23 Expo, especially after the last lacklustre year.

If anything, they would use this platform to provide updates on existing projects, and or announce some smaller WDW related projects.
... Which is kind of the problem with setting up a business to charge your "most loyal" customers to hear about what you plan to do. The creation of the D23 Expo with parks announcements set in motion this idea they'd actually have something new to announce for someplace, somewhere like clockwork every two years.

Last year, bupkis. So from two to four years, they sure better have something, eh?

Last edited:

bmr1591

If nothing is announced this fall then we can certainly write off anything new coming for 2025 and likely 2026 IMO.

It’s amazing to me that three months of closure for Covid slowed progress on all attractions being built to nearly a year and a half later than anticipated. It amazes me more that it may be ten years between new lands showing up at Disney. An entire decade of barely anything new. And they wonder why numbers are down.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It’s amazing to me that three months of closure for Covid slowed progress on all attractions being built to nearly a year and a half later than anticipated. It amazes me more that it may be ten years between new lands showing up at Disney. An entire decade of barely anything new. And they wonder why numbers are down.
Following three months of closure was two years of labor shortage and supply chain disruptions. Not to mention nearly the first year of enforced distancing and widespread justified fear of crowds.

You know that in September of 2020, everything was not back to the way it was in January of 2020, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom