Destination D23 2021

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tickets will go on sale July 29th (1 p.m. EST / 10 a.m. PST).

Presentation Highlights of Destination D23 2021 will include*:

A kickoff welcome presentation with Bob Chapek, CEO, The Walt Disney Company.

What’s New and What’s Next for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products—Chairman Josh D’Amaro will share what’s new and what’s next for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. The exclusive presentation will feature updates on some of the most anticipated projects around the world. And as D23 Members know, there is always a surprise or two in store!

A special look at what’s new and next from Disney+!

Musical Memories of Walt Disney World— A journey through 50 years of the Walt Disney World songbook with Walt Disney Imagineering, revealing the stories behind beloved fan-favorite melodies and a peek into the process of creating new ones.
Destination D23 audiences will also thrill to performances from Michael James Scott, Genie in Disney on Broadway’s hit Aladdin and Disney’s acapella sensation DCappella.

The Art and Imagery of Walt Disney World— Dive into the Walt Disney Imagineering Art and Photo collections for a look at over 50 years of the most gorgeous, stunning, and surprising artwork that inspired the most magical place on earth over the years.

The Magical Musical World of Encanto—Join filmmakers and special guests for a melodic Saturday evening celebration of the upcoming musical, the 60th animated feature from Walt Disney Animation Studios!

Weird Disney World—The fan-favorite “Weird Disney” returns, as Director of the Walt Disney Archives Becky Cline digs into Disney history to bring you a half century of the wildest and wackiest Walt Disney World moments!

How the (Disney) World Began—Join Kevin Kern and Steven Vagnini, authors and historians behind A Portrait of Walt Disney World: 50 Years of The Most Magical Place on Earth and Disney Legend Dick Nunis for a look at how Walt Disney’s dreams were translated into the Vacation Kingdom of the World.

Park Stars: Original Characters of Walt Disney World—Figment, Big Al, the Orange Bird, and Teddi Barra are just a few of the many Disney characters created specifically for Walt Disney World. Join Imagineers Diana Brost and Jason Grandt as they take you on a journey around the “world” to meet many of the fun personalities that appear in Walt Disney World attractions and shows.

Exciting Experiences at Destination D23 2021 will include*

The Walt Disney Archives: 50 Years of Bringing Home the Magic—An all-new exhibit curated by the Walt Disney Archives takes you through a half-century journey of merchandise memories of the Walt Disney World Resort. From figurines and packs to pins and plush, relive each exciting decade through the souvenirs that brought the Vacation Kingdom of the World home!

Mickey’s of Glendale—The Walt Disney Imagineering campus store returns with a pop-up shop at the event for attendees, featuring a selection of exclusive Destination D23 and Walt Disney Imagineering merchandise. Trading pins for this event will be offered to attendees through a RSP opportunity.**

Special Film Screening—On Friday, November 19, event guests will also be invited to a special screening at Disney Springs.**
Disney+ Party—Join Disney+ for the grand finale of an incredible weekend with a special celebration you can’t miss!

Plus, more presenters and presentations to be announced soon!

*Please be advised: All schedules, events, and merchandise are subject to change without notice. For the enjoyment of all attendees, access in and out of the Fantasia ballroom may be limited during presentations.

**For the convenience of our event guests, you will be offered the opportunity to reserve a shopping window for Mickey’s of Glendale on Friday, as well as a show time for your screening at Disney Springs on Friday. Details to come closer to the event.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Set very low expectations. I don't think we have solid precedent from anything of merit ever coming out of the Destination D23 events in the last decade.

Maybe a video or more concept art from Guardians Coaster as the 'highlight'. An updated plan for the Epcot hub is probably expecting too much.

TTA94

Pass. There will be enough vloggers there for me to see it for free.

If I remember correctly they do not allow streaming of the presentations at Destination D23 unlike D23 Expo. Announcements will still be posted on social media but likely not pictures, videos, etc.

TTA94

Set very low expectations. I don't think we have solid precedent from anything of merit ever coming out of the Destination D23 events in the last decade.

Maybe a video or more concept art from Guardians Coaster as the 'highlight'. An updated plan for the Epcot hub is probably expecting too much.

Entertainment? The updates coming for F!, maybe parades? Not everyone would find this news exciting though lol.

BrianLo

Entertainment? The updates coming for F!, maybe parades? Not everyone would find this news exciting though lol.

See, that's setting yourself up to be disappointed. There again is zero precedent. These things usually have a sprinkling of repetitive details we already know (like the same details on Galaxy's Edge for the millionth time). I can't recall a single instance of anything ever being announced.

That's more likely on a random Tuesday on the Disney Parks Blog, Josh's Instagram or the actual D23.

I'll be happy to be wrong, but it would be a first. Granted, actual D23 was delayed from this year.

Rockishcoco

I'll be happy to be wrong, but it would be a first. Granted, actual D23 was delayed from this year.
Any other year I’d be in 100% agreement with you. But with the delaying of the actual D23 expo I think they’ll throw a bone or two in here as some announcements could be time sensitive. Agree on not getting hopes up though. All I’m really expecting is maybe some concept art on Guardians and a date or two for stuff close to done. Like Galaxtic StarCrusier or Tron.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
D23.jpg

Looks like D'Amaro will be speaking.

No Name

I don’t recall Bob Iger speaking at Destination D, so it’s interesting that Bob Chapek is doing so. Maybe he still has a deep rooted love for the parks that he just can’t let go of! Maybe he longs for the applause he receives after prompting the crowd to clap for him! Just busting your chappy chops, in all seriousness I have nothing against him deciding to speak.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom