Destination D23 2021

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
E4qolexVoAQ-2Gp.jpeg

"The Biggest Disney Fan Event of the year is coming November 19–21, 2021!

Join D23: The Official Disney Fan Club as we celebrate 50 years of the Walt Disney World Resort and more! Be the first to hear exciting announcements and see sneak peaks from the many worlds of Disney—and relive your favorite memories with behind-the-scenes stories, special guests, and so much more at this fan-favorite event!

Become a D23 Gold Member to purchase tickets when they go on sale in July."

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We’re going to be there around that time for a wedding. Good to know this is going on, better get things booked now.

TTA94

Perfect! Nows the time to start nighttime parade rumors.

Yeah immediately thought this when I saw the D23 announcement 🤣. This would be the time they would announce a nighttime parade… IF one was to coming. The unfortunate part of this is, and what my gut feeling has been, this will squash any thinking a parade will happen by October or this year. I mean think about it what else really will they have to announce entertainment wise?

Dan Deesnee

At this point what could Disney even possibly, realistically announce to compete with epic universe?

We aren't getting a 5th gate, they are in cost cutting mode.

Only thing I expect is 2-3 Mary Poppins sized announcements and 1 big one like a new ride for Pandora or Galaxies Edge but neither as big of a ride as Guardians. Also, of what they announce at D23, half of it will get canceled eventually. Heck I wouldn't put it past them to announce something huge knowing full well it will never actually happen just to take steam away from Epic Universe.

Bocabear

I expect them to regurgitate all the stuff we already know is coming and maybe release a few details about JOW and Guardians...But there doesn't seem to be any real plan of anything substantive coming up... Poppins is currently DOA as is any other addition that had been bandied about... No new countries, no new attractions in Epcot or additional things for Pandora or GE...
So unless the Disney company is going to do a complete180 and start building attractions like mad, I would not expect much... Maybe Zach Riddley will be there to show off flooring samples?

Surferboy567

I am excited for this event, given the timeline of all these construction projects. I think it may be likely we receive some kind of announcement. Not really sure what that announcement would be but something. The reason I think this is that beyond the active construction projects we don’t know what is coming. They are definitely going to want to have another draw since Universal is building Epic Universe. Not expecting an announcement on that level but perhaps another attraction, refurb, something to get some eyes on them.

CLBMN

I am a D23 gold member but have never been to a D23 event like this.
Is it worth going to?
Can someone give a brief description of what they were in the past so I would kind of know what to expect?
My thx!

doctornick

At this point what could Disney even possibly, realistically announce to compete with epic universe?

They obviously wouldn’t do anything that large as a new park but if Disney added a new land to a park plus a ride or two (or new show/parade) elsewhere in the other parks then I think it would create enough buzz to keep (some) people from considering Uni as an alternative.

there’s a lot of folks who are only focused on Disney so really the company just needs to provide something to advertise to keep attention on WDW for those folks. Uni is out of sight, out of mind for a lot of people.

TTA94

I am a D23 gold member but have never been to a D23 event like this.
Is it worth going to?
Can someone give a brief description of what they were in the past so I would kind of know what to expect?
My thx!

If memory serves me right, unlike the D23 Expo, they do not allow recordings or live streaming at Destination D. Not that people don’t try to sneak in a clip or two. Things will still be announced on social media though.

Whether it’s worth going to I don’t know. I guess that depends on what your interested in. If it’s just hearing any new announcements made then, I’m not sure it’s worth paying those prices when it’ll be all over social media. But on the other hand they might play preview videos of things that will not make it out to anyone else.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney's restricting access to their parks because there's too many guests at MK. They might be relieved to see EU built which seems to be a lot more family friendly than their current UO parks.

The only downside for Disney with EU is that they're leaving money on the table by not enhancing their other three parks to their full potential and capacity... which they can do if they want. And according to insiders, there's no shortage of plans if they want to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom