Destination D23 2021

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Any links on where to watch the event yet?

Just these so far -

"Select panels on Saturday, November 20, and Sunday, November 21, will be available for your enjoyment through our social media channels and D23.com. So be sure to save the dates and follow us on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, or right here on D23.com where you can see exactly what goes into making the magic of Disney stories, and more."

nickys

Premium Member
Trying to put together what insiders have already hinted at and being realistic:

StarCruiser launch, StarCruiser launch, StarCruiser …………………

- FoF returns in early 2022
- Updated Fantasmc to open ……. by Easter …… ?
- Something about the Epcot Spine - nothing new, just confirming Moana, Dreamer’s Point and the-structure-formerly-known-as-the-bar-stool-on-legs
- Tron and Guardians opening dates narrowed to a specific quarter of 2022
- Re-opening of Typhoon Lagoon

- Epcot 40th (non-specific)

- A lot of waffle and self congratulation about what has already returned, Genie+ etc and further steps - like maybe M&Gs with hugs

- I think any announcement about the PW site will be saved for next summer, but maybe some vague “we have exciting plans to be unveiled”.

Outside chances:

- Following the DL Toontown announcement, something for the Big Top area in MK
- More specific plans for Dinoland
- Comments on the MP postponement and Spaceship Earth refurb plans

Magic Feather

Blog Mickey just posted an article suggesting Paint The Night will return…in WDW.

EDIT: It’s a rumor so grain of salt and all that.

EDIT #2: @doctornick pointed out “And more specifically that it is more likely headed to DHS as opposed to MK”.
DHS’s Parade Storage Facility, as is, could not accommodate PtN. Moreover, DHS’s Parade Route is tiny. It may actually be the smallest in any Disney Park with a Parade Route (I can’t think of a counter example).

Surferboy567

DHS’s Parade Storage Facility, as is, could not accommodate PtN. Moreover, DHS’s Parade Route is tiny. It may actually be the smallest in any Disney Park with a Parade Route (I can’t think of a counter example).
Interesting, thanks @Magic Feather. I didn’t know that, to be honest I can’t even recall many instances of seeing a proper parade at DHS. I know their have been but my experience in seeing them has been extremely limited. Definitely have seen motorcades but I wouldn’t say those are full on parades.

Last edited:

doctornick

I actually was kind of wondering about that. It looks pretty small on the satellite images and obviously PTN has some really large floats. So, if PTN were to go to DHS, sounds like they'd have to cut some floats (I mean, or spend money to expand the storage facility 🤣)

As an aside, Is that Pixar Play Parade (or whatever it was called) still in storage at DHS? Or did they junk it by now.

ToTBellHop

Not every unit will make the journey, last I’d heard. If this gets announced, I can’t wait. I’ve really been missing a light parade at WDW.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So are we looking at a temporary tent in the parking lot in the style of the cheerleader tents back in the day, or a rebuild of the existing facility (seems unlikely), or perhaps not happening at DHS?

TTA94

Not every unit will make the journey, last I’d heard. If this gets announced, I can’t wait. I’ve really been missing a light parade at WDW.

Eeek, PTN was short as it was… but can’t say a axed version for WDW should come as a surprise.

ToTBellHop

So are we looking at a temporary tent in the parking lot in the style of the cheerleader tents back in the day, or a rebuild of the existing facility (seems unlikely), or perhaps not happening at DHS?
interesting permit.
FDAB70D7-2027-40A3-870B-9FB8B0621394.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom