Destination D anyone?

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Well I'm going to be in the minority here. I just didn't enjoy myself as much as I thought I would. I'm racking my brain to figure out why. My big complaints are:

1. It was too friggin long. Two days, 9AM - 10PM. Too much time.
2. LOTS of repetition. I wanted more stories about the opening from people who were there. Instead Saturday night I got four 30 minute videos that they didn't want to edit becuase "they needed to be shown in their entirity". No, you just didn't feel like editing them.
3. Lack of prep. The three Disney imagineers acted like it was the first time they'd seen the presentation. A boring powerpoint presentation at that. They even apologized. One made an excuse that they were too busy working. Bad form.
4. Cutting off the good parts! I wanted to punch Tim O'Day in the face for hurrying Richard Sherman though his songs. That was such an amazing moment, we're ready to hear a story about Supercalifragilistic and Tim's like, "no, just play the song". Idiot.
5. No free swag. I attended the Haunted Mansion 40th and you needed a pack mule to get out of there with the stuff they gave you. Lame.

LOVED hearing the stories from the legends. LOVED meeting Marty Sklar and getting his autograph. LOVED the Weird Disney presentation. LOVED the Richard Sherman thing. So I'm torn on how I feel about the weekend.

Let the flames begin...

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
If it were one day people would complain it was too short. Two days and it's too long? You could've left at any time.

Agreed, and people did. But I was waiting for the good stuff and they delivered with the Sherman thing. That alone was worth the price of admission. Just commenting on the rest of the weekend. There was good and bad. I feel like everything I read was how amazing it was. It wasn't all amazing.

DanzerSam25

I agree this weekend had highs and lows. I get that we are inspired by Disneyland and many of the presenters are based in Southern California. What I object to is how much Disneyland stuff there was. It should have been touched on and moved on. I wanted to see more WDW history - like opening day footage and what not.

But despite that, we had an amazing time. We learned a lot and met some amazing people. I am beyond thrilled that I got all 12 people to sign my poster during the autograph session. It will be framed and placed in my home with honor.

Did everyone else get their autographs? I had heard that they told a lot of people to leave after just a few minutes.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I saw a fight almost break out between autograph seekers and event staff. It was crazy. I left the session before about 20 minutes early so I could get in line. I was #3 for Marty. If it was so important to get them, get in line early. Weird.

DanzerSam25

it was weird. We left right after the last presentation and we got into the stand-by line. Apparently, once all 4 lines were filled, they created the stand-by line. Once that was filled, they told people to leave. In our line, we were told that we would wait a while and may not even get in. However, within a few minutes, I was in line for Line #1. I was able to get right back into the stand-by line and get into line #3 and #4 within a few minutes. I managed to get everyone in about an hour.

I am thrilled, but I feel bad for all those that didn't get in.

lilclerk

Did anyone else get the survey for Destination D in their email today? If you did, I definitely suggest giving feedback.

I absolutely loved the entire weekend and hope they do something like this in WDW again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom