Dessert TakeAway at Signature Dining

CinderellyKelly

Original Poster
Ok this may be a really dumb question:

We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge in January. I have been dying to try a dessert that I read on someone's trip report from Jiko.

We are doing the meal plan, and I made reservations months ago for our party of 12 and don't have any room in our vacation to eat at Jiko.

Is it possible to order a dessert to go from a signature? Has anyone ever done this? I would pay for it separately...obviously not using the meal plan for this. I just REALLY want to try this dessert! Any suggestions??!

Should I call ahead or just walk up?

THANKS!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have never tried it but I do not see where it would be a problem. I would just ask a hostess and he/she should be able to accommodate you.

sweetpee_1993

I don't know for sure if you can or not but I think it would be all right to go up to the bar & have a drink and/or dessert to go. Yes?

anc33

Yes, you can actually order anything off the menu to go. We did this during our last stay at AKL. No issues at all.

Rob562

I think the only thing they might have a problem preparing "to-go" would be an ice cream based dessert.

-Rob

CaptainShortty

You sure can! When you order your dessert just ask if you can take it to go. They'll pack it up all nice for you. We would do it all the time because we'd be to full but get it on the dining plan anyway.

Sweet Melissa

I hope I can do this at Le Cellier, I'll end up eating the soup every day.

I've seen reports of people asking and being told no and others of people doing this successfully. It all seems to depend on who's working the podium that day and whether the restaurant is too busy to accommodate you.

OP, I'm sure the same is true at Jiko. But like Sweetpee said, even if they can't make you a dessert to go, you can certainly order one at the bar and have it there.

CinderellyKelly

Original Poster
Well I've read about it on two recent trip reports but its not on the Allears menu yet.

It's called The Last Cup. It looks fantastic. I'll try and find a link and out it on here.

PhilharMagician

The heck with desert, this is what I want to try @ Jiko. I just sounds tasty to me.

Chocolate-Covered Cherry - Skyy vodka, Dark Creme de Cacao, Amarula and cherry brandy with a chocolate covered cherry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom