Dentist..do you like them??

Do you like going to the dentist??

• Total voters

Atta83

Original Poster
OK I get to go to the dentist in a few and I know I am going to hear the same story I have been hearing from him for the past year...you still have not gotten your wisdom teeth taken out??? Yeah I didnt, just tell me do I have any cavaties or not....Im sorry I just really hate going to the dentist cause they try to start to have a converstaion with you and you really cant talk because you have all this equipment in your mouth...

Any way do you like to go to the dentist?????? Comment if you would like....

stranger

Atta83 said:
Im sorry I just really hate going to the dentist cause they try to start to have a converstaion with you and you really cant talk because you have all this equipment in your mouth...

The funny thing with my dentist is even when I have all the equipment in my mouth, I mumble words and she is able to understand me perfectly. :lol:

I'm not really big on going to the dentist, either. It's just one of those things that has to be done.
Good luck, Atta :wave:

celticdog

Dental trips really don't bother me. I usually just sit and let my dentist do all the talking. As a child i had really bad teeth and was forced to have dental surgery when i was 10. After that i realized i need to take better care and since then i have not had a single cavity. I did have my wisdom teeth removed when i was 17 and i wish i could do it again, they gave me really great drugs.

tigsmom

:fork: Does that answer your question? :lol:

I have very soft enamel on my teeth so I always have problems...I hate going to get them fixed. I had 2 wisdom teeth taken our years ago, and I still have 2 in there that may need to be removed sooner or later.

Did I mention that I hate the dentist? :lookaroun

Lauriebar

Just call me Polly Perky cause I actually like going to the dentist! Then again I have always had good experiences so far...only one cavity at 34!!

I guess I just can't feel bad about getting a brand new toothbrush and floss!!

I had my wisdom teeth out about ten years ago and it wasn't bad at all, and as someone else mentioned the drugs make it much more bearable!!

I can understand some peoples fear of dentists, but delaying treatment can be more painful in the future.

nikimsu2002

I HATE going to the dentist. Funny thing is that my uncle's a dentist too so I should be used to being around them and having people look in my mouth (when I was little my uncle would do this and he's not and never has been my dentist).

Captain Hank

I don't consider it my favorite thing in the world, but I recently discovered a really good dentist in my area. I had to have a lot of cavities filled, and I didn't feel a thing while he was doing it, and very, very little pain afterwards. I still voted "no," though.

stitch rocks

i like going to the dentist... when he tells me that i have no cavities! but for some reason he loves to tell me i do... when i don't making me panic.

i also had my wisdom teeth taken out a few years ago... it wasn't that bad... i didn't even need the drugs afterwards :)

cherrynegra

The dentist doesn't bother me too much. The staff is great and friendly, and I usually show up, pick a movie I want to see, last time it was Emperor's New Groove, and then lay back and watch TV as he does his thing.

barnum42

Paying is the issue. Time was the British National Health included dentists, so you did not have to foot the whole bill. But now it is very difficult to find a dentist that will do NHS work. And a recent report shows that of the ones that do many are ripping off both their patients and the NHS.

It seems going private is far more lucrative for dentists, so that is what they do. It is what my last three dentists did, so I left them.

Fortunately I have been able to find a new NHS dental practice. I was not fond of the last dentist I had there, but he has left and his replacement is far better. I needed a filling replaced last month and apart from a small nip when the needle went in I did not feel a thing.

I still have all my wisdom teeth, though I had a number of teeth pulled as a child due to there not being enough room in my mouth.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I make the dentist give me novocain for a simple dental cleansing. Does that answer your question?

However, I may be going to starbase dental in Orlando soon, and apparently, he's cool. I'll have to see this myself.

ogryn

I don't mind Dentists... although when I was 14, I had too many teeth, and some needed to be pulled before I could have a brace fitted.

I found out I had very twisted roots... it took her 45minutes to pull one tooth (and I had to have three more after that...)

*Shuffles for Digicam*

Atta83

Original Poster
mkt said:
get a ride to the dentist.

Most places make you have a ride home when you get this done, many people I have known have been put to sleep to do their teeth....I so want that with mine....well when i have the time i guess...but wait whats time i dont have that!

barnum42

I think maybe it's a case of finding dentists mild after having had my lower jaw shortened. When I was about 18 I thought a fall from a bicycle had knocked my top front teeth back because they did not meet the lower teeth. Turns out the fall may have triggered a growth spurt in my lower jaw. So they decided to shorten it, which involved a week in hospital including two days in intensive care. Apparently they contemplated taking my wisdom teeth out whilst they were about it, but decided the jaw thing was enough on its own.

I had six weeks of going around looking like Jaws out of the Bond films. But at least my teeth meet and so a scrape and polish is a walk in the park in comparison. :D

nicholas

I don't especially like my dentist as much as I liked the one I went to when I lived in Iowa. I just don't seem to have much rapport with him. Granted, I went to my old dentist for almost twenty years, so of course we had rapport, and the new dentist will grow on me. But the thing I do love is his office. He's on the 24th floor of the Empire State Building, with a south view. So while he works on my teeth I get a gorgeous view of downtown Manhattan and can see the Statue of Liberty as well. Love it!

speck76

I like my dentist. I go to Starbase Dental, which has the whole office themed to Star Wars/Trek/anything Sci-fi.....the dentist is good, and he ONLY uses white fillings, which is nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom