Deluxe Hotels

GrumpySue

Original Poster
The prices at the deluxe hotels have gotten ridiculous over the past few years. We are currently booked at the Yacht Club in a Lagoon View Room for 12 nights at an AP 30% off rate. The total with discount (room only) is $4,501.00.

Just for kicks I went to the Waldorf Astoria Orlando website (this hotel is on Disney proerty) and put in the same days to see what it costs. Well, I can stay at the waldorf in a SUITE with a balcony with a Disney View for $3,588.75. I have stayed here before too and it is a spectacular hotel.

Savings $912.25. Really ???

Now I know we are paying for location and convenience, and I LOVE the Yacht Club so we will probably stay there anyway. But I am seriously starting to wonder if it is worth it.
(sad)

GrumpySue

Original Poster
I have stayed at all the moderates, and they are great, but we spend most of our time at Epcot and the convenience walking there as well as to all the restaurants etc. around the Boardwalk Area is just to great. I just feel Disney is upping their prices so much and then giving you a "discount rate" but really is it a discount ?? I just chose the Waldorf as an example of how much more you get - they are a 5 star hotel and they are cheaper by far - for a much larger room. It's just crazy.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I have stayed at all the moderates, and they are great, but we spend most of our time at Epcot and the convenience walking there as well as to all the restaurants etc. around the Boardwalk Area is just to great. I just feel Disney is upping their prices so much and then giving you a "discount rate" but really is it a discount ?? I just chose the Waldorf as an example of how much more you get - they are a 5 star hotel and they are cheaper by far - for a much larger room. It's just crazy.

Sounds like you made your decision right there on where and why you are choosing deluxe,
So instead of an opinion I'll ask a question:

Why would WDW lower their prices for Deluxes as long as we're willing to pay?

durangojim

The prices at the deluxe hotels have gotten ridiculous over the past few years. We are currently booked at the Yacht Club in a Lagoon View Room for 12 nights at an AP 30% off rate. The total with discount (room only) is $4,501.00.

Just for kicks I went to the Waldorf Astoria Orlando website (this hotel is on Disney proerty) and put in the same days to see what it costs. Well, I can stay at the waldorf in a SUITE with a balcony with a Disney View for $3,588.75. I have stayed here before too and it is a spectacular hotel.

Now I know we are paying for location and convenience, and I LOVE the Yacht Club so we will probably stay there anyway. But I am seriously starting to wonder if it is worth it.
(sad)
What season?

jlsHouston

I did notice with an AP discount the BC/YC rooms were higher than the BWI because the only class of rooms offered on the AP discount were the lagoon view. If an EPCOT resort is high priority, check the BWI AP discounted room because they still had standard view a week ago. I also looked at Dolphin/Swan but by the time I decided to go for this spring break vacation they were booked on part of dates, but there were March offerings at $ 239/nite with them plus the fees and tax which came out cheaper than WL but the same as AKL.

I went with WL because we really fell in love with that resort and need to spend more nights there...and we really liked the boat ride to the Campgrounds for the smore thing and we liked the boat ride over to the CONT where we would monorail into MK...That rate with discount plus tax came to like $ 333/nite

I agree with @ShookieJones that as long as we keep staying and paying....going to be tough for disney to offer much more of a discount.

The summer rate at Moody Gardens gets as high as $ 259/nite with a 2 nite minimum...This is a resort on Galveston Island for those not familar that has a character mascot that appears in the mornings at the breakfast buffet and they have some attractions like an aquarium and a arboretum and some IMAX shows and a sandy beach on the ocean, and a great pool and swim up bar, nice spa, and right next to Schlitterbahn the waterpark. So IMO...WDW deluxe room rates discounted are really not too bad when you are going and staying over high season...

But...I mean it is an expensive vacation to stay deluxe for a lot of days at WDW....I don't even want to disclose the cost of my 12 days over the summer or the 12 days over Thanksgiving...and I didn't even shop really...It was just resort, food, the parks and the pools and then travel to and from Florida....

Last edited:

GrumpySue

Original Poster
I agree Bethymouse, why not just charge a reasonable rate and stop with all the Pin Codes and AP rates and Visa Rates and General Public rates and such, it's a farce. You think you are getting a "deal" but you're not really. It's aggravating.

slappy magoo

I agree Bethymouse, why not just charge a reasonable rate and stop with all the Pin Codes and AP rates and Visa Rates and General Public rates and such, it's a farce. You think you are getting a "deal" but you're not really. It's aggravating.
Because some people will just pay rack rate and not think twice. You'd think everyone is hardwired for a deal, but not really. Some people decide "this is what I want, here's my money." I have family that flat-out refuses to bargain shop during the holidays. We try to get decent gifts that we know people want but we certainly look around and try to find it for the best price, whereas they just buy it the first place they can find it.

surfsupdon

It's true, It's a high price.

Just on a side note, I was looking at a brochure I had from 1996 and it was Yacht/Beach/BoardWalk STARTING at 235/night. Funny part was that GF was 265/night, and Poly and Contemp were 200/night.

How times have changed right. Currently, GF, Poly, and Contemp all cost more than the Deluxe Epcots, somestimes a lot more. Funny to see how they were more expensive than MK Resorts, but now much less.

jlsHouston

And booking a standard view at the CR is something you have to do months in advance if you want a budget room there. For some reason every time I have tried to use a discount or a pin code for different dates at CR lately, if it even gives me an option for a room it is a Tower Theme Park View and the discounted rate is $460/nite.....

StarWarsGirl

(sad)
And how is the pool at said hotel? For us, that pool at YC/BC is enough to make us stay there. It's the reason BCV is our home resort.

StageFrenzy

And how is the pool at said hotel? For us, that pool at YC/BC is enough to make us stay there. It's the reason BCV is our home resort.

The pools are solid.
Hilton: has a lazy river connected to the zero entry pool, two hot tubs and an ok slide. Pool Bar is nice with good staff and they have pretty good entertainment for the kids.
Waldorf Astoria: has 2 smaller pools and a hot tub with classy being the best way to describe the environs. Has another pool bar and towel service for guests.

I can and have stayed at the pool the over an extended weekend.

lilclerk

Why not stay at a moderate I stay at Caribbean beach for 2 weeks 10 day pass with table service dining my husband and I daughter is free it is 2,499
Does this include some discount? I was looking at upgrading our 2 week stay in September to a mod, but I'm getting $3,665.76 at CBR for two adults with no dining plan, and 10 day base tickets.

HouCuseChickie

And booking a standard view at the CR is something you have to do months in advance if you want a budget room there. For some reason every time I have tried to use a discount or a pin code for different dates at CR lately, if it even gives me an option for a room it is a Tower Theme Park View and the discounted rate is $460/nite.....

I've run into something similar. Back in 2011, I tried booking a standard view room at the CR in the garden wing about 5 months out from travel and there was nothing but garden view. While it's still cheaper than tower price, I found out that standard view rooms often go as soon as they open. Apparently, a lot of people who book conventions or weddings well in advance snag those ASAP. Last time I tried to book the Contemporary with a discount I couldn't even get the garden wing. I had hesitated 1 day to book b/c of info on Mousesavers...well, Mousesavers posted incorrect info on the Visa discount and just that one day made the difference in availability. The only discount options were in the tower for 30% off a Bay Lake view or 5% off of a Theme Park view. All in all, it's a hefty price for convenience.

Disneydreamer23

Does this include some discount? I was looking at upgrading our 2 week stay in September to a mod, but I'm getting $3,665.76 at CBR for two adults with no dining plan, and 10 day base tickets.
I have a 10 day pass going September 13_27th at Caribbean beach with free dining plan for 5,000 for.,4 adults my mom dad husband and myself and an infant under 2 she is free it was 4,995.00 exactly no room discount hope this helps

lilclerk

I have a 10 day pass going September 13_27th at Caribbean beach with free dining plan for 5,000 for.,4 adults my mom dad husband and myself and an infant under 2 she is free it was 4,995.00 exactly no room discount hope this helps
Oh I see! So you guys are splitting the cost of the room with your parents and have free dining? That makes more sense, thanks!

jlsHouston

I've run into something similar. Back in 2011, I tried booking a standard view room at the CR in the garden wing about 5 months out from travel and there was nothing but garden view. While it's still cheaper than tower price, I found out that standard view rooms often go as soon as they open. Apparently, a lot of people who book conventions or weddings well in advance snag those ASAP. Last time I tried to book the Contemporary with a discount I couldn't even get the garden wing. I had hesitated 1 day to book b/c of info on Mousesavers...well, Mousesavers posted incorrect info on the Visa discount and just that one day made the difference in availability. The only discount options were in the tower for 30% off a Bay Lake view or 5% off of a Theme Park view. All in all, it's a hefty price for convenience.

I've done the same thing....I've hesitated when a category of room showed available thinking a different discount would show up and the next time I would look the room was gone.
So far I think the two most difficult rooms to book using a discount are garden wing standard at CR and standard view at BC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom