Delta Pilots Authorize Strike

ISUBob

Original Poster
For a trip in December flying Delta, does anyone have a feeling how this strike will affect air travel on Delta? Some say the airline will close. Should we start looking now for alternate airlines (we've already booked Delta) or just wait it out and see....:confused:

TTFN-Tiggger

I would wait it out. Just keep current on the news for them. You have plenty of time. Keep in mind - Northwest pilots authorized a strike at the end of February and they are still flying - they have not walked out yet actually on strike.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
sarahwiggles99 said:
fly american airlines! :)

my dad's a pilot for AA :D

and they aren't going on strike.
I love AA... :D

Tell your dad I'm an EXP

coasterphil

I'm flying it the 28th for my Universal trip. I don't think Delta can really deal with a strike so I see them working things out before a strike happens.

spook

My mom is coming to see me from Tokyo on Delta in July.. She already bought the ticket!! Mom and dd and myself are going to WDW for 6 days.
It is going to be so special! I am keeping my fingers crossed.

wdwfamilyinil

There are 11 of us going to wdw in June on Delta, I too am hoping that everything works out. We can't afford to buy other tickets, so if this falls it looks like we might have to stay at home this year.....

SarahBella82

GoofyInOhio said:
Here is when you worry about it when you are about a month away (May 5th) and you may not have a way to fly.

Thanks for that. I fly out on May 4. This could completely suck. Anyone encounter this before?

wdwfamilyinil

What type of options is anyone doing in the case the DL is no more. I know that if we lose our airfare, this year I might have to tell the kids that we can't go. There would be no way my husband would drive, so I don't know what else we could do. Just keep hoping and praying .:confused:

ChuckElias

I have tickets on Song for 4/16 and 4/30. I called 1-800-FLYSONG. They told me that if the pilots strike, Delta will not attempt to continue service (presumably by hiring non-union pilots). In that event, ticket fares would be refunded to all affected ticketholders.

If you are in the middle of your itinerary (that is, if you've already flown to your destination and you're going to have to fly home), Delta MAY make arrangements to get you onto another airline to complete your itinerary. However, if you have not yet taken the first leg of your flight, Delta will make no attempt to re-book you on another airline.

So the good news is (if you believe the customer service people at Delta) that if your flight is cancelled due to the strike, you'll get your airfare back and hopefully you can re-book on another airline.

Hopefully, they work something out and there's no strike. Maybe another extension for 3 more months. That would be nice.

wdwfamilyinil

that would be great, 3 months from now I wouldn't be affected. Not wanting to sound selfish, but this is taking the magic out of trip planning. I don't know if we would be any different or not, we booked everything with Disney. I have called them twice so far, and both times I was told we would have to wait until something is done by DL before Disney travel would know how they are handling this situation. This not knowing is horrible!! I hope that we wouldn't lose 1000.00, but then again if they end up refunded I wonder how long that will take?

NeverEnufDisney

ChuckElias said:

Just a little easier as it must pass the rank and file who are more than a little angry at Delta. I personally think they will ratify the agreement, but not because they're happy. They are in a no-win situation and will hold their noses and ratify the agreement. Otherwise it's strike, Delta goes bankrupt and be out of the pilot business as there are very few pilot jobs available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom