Pre-Trip deleted

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sleeping Beauty's Castle all lit up in blue is just gorgeous! :) The marching band along Main Street USA was also festive and uplifting.

But I imagine the highlight for you was meeting Tony Baxter. I think it's fun that you actually had your Figment tatoo and EPCOT Center logo to show him. Glad that you had this wonderful opportunity to meet one of the "greats". :happy:

Rich T

Disneyland has a soul. WDW is just a corporate commercial. (except Epcot ;))
Okay, speaking as lifelong old-timer DL fan (who's been to WDW once in 93 and had a great time)... I'd say this: WDW is much more of a create-your-own magic experience. The "soul" of WDW is what the guests bring to the experience and take home with them. DL does that, too, but while DL has all this concentrated, detailed "magic" compacted in a tighter location. WDW, spread out as it is, offers a wider variety of "tools" with which guests form their own vacation. It's not all as detailed and historic as what you get at DL, but it includes more types of activities to choose from outside the parks. While DL family memories are pretty much focused on the parks and the rides, one can often read someone's post about WDW and how their best memories might be centered around, say, Fort Wilderness. And, within the parks, some love strolling around World Showcase and some could spend their whole trip at AK.

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

If you have the option to choose between DL and WDW, pick Disneyland! It's so much better.
I went once, for a day, about 5 hours maybe, in 2002, just because I happened to be in San Diego. My husband refuses to go with me. :( I would LOVE to go back. I agree it is better, even in the short time I was there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom