deleted

Goofyernmost

Why would they pull the wrap off though. That is odd in my eyes.
Might have been damaged in the move or starting to deteriorate after all that time in the sun or maybe just to hide it a little better. Hard to tell why. It certainly looked better with the wrap, but if they had some reason to not want it to be so recognizable they might have just pulled it off. Selling it for parts? Don't want the wrap on it when it is thrown into the furnace and melted down to make some Galaxy pins.

pektas

I wonder if that's google earth mobile version only. Desktop still shows it at DHS...both earth and maps. Weird.
You gotta shut off the 3D buildings and just use the satellite view to get the latest imagery, the 3D buildings view is updated less regularly

edit: Under the burger at the top left, click on the globe button to shut off the 3D buildings and get the latest satellite imagery

DisAl

You gotta shut off the 3D buildings and just use the satellite view to get the latest imagery, the 3D buildings view is updated less regularly

edit: Under the burger at the top left, click on the globe button to shut off the 3D buildings and get the latest satellite imagery
You also need to clear your memory and disk cache to make sure you have the latest maps.
Go to tools/options/cache to get to the clear cache tabs.

Goofyernmost

I don't know about that. Repainting it sends a message that they are more likely to put the plane on display then ripping off a wrap.
Maybe it was the lighting or the direction of the photo, but, it hardly looked like it was just repainted to me. If it was, it was a terrible job. It really looked like a removed wrap back to it's original base. I'd like to be optimistic that they have plans for the plane. I don't think they have ruled out displaying it someplace, but, they don't look like they currently have any solid plan for it.

Movielover

They're going to cut it in half. The front half is going to be a prop for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway and the rear half is going to be used on the Jungle Cruise.

XS5LK.gif

Goofyernmost

Whats with all the hate for this nice kid? Braydon is awesome!!!
Guess what? He has something in common with us. He loves Disney.
Everyone should just chill out on Braydon. Seems like a nice kid having a good time.
He seems a little too sure of himself... I mean I have socks older then he is. He is also sure that the Gondola's will have AC no matter how many times it has been denied.

note2001

I am sure he is a nice guy, but not everybody has to like everything. Personally, I find his style of delivery difficult to listen to.
He reminds me of DiCaprio's Frank Abagnale Jr. character in Catch Me if you Can. Lots of annoying chatter, not much substance.
Love mute.

GlacierGlacier

It's come up many times in the discussion of the plane. Supposedly it was gutted before it was added to the backlot tour.
Which makes sense. It's an airplane they don't plan on using for a long time (if ever again).

Having to maintain something like that with no obvious purpose (not like guests could see inside) is a silly drain. Especially when keeping it outside.

It's not like they can't make the inside look identical to how it did originally if they ever want to showcase it.

jt04

They inside looks in great shape. Disney likely removed everything to dissuade souvenir hunters. Interesting to know if those were archived or not.

This is a real object of central Florida history so hopefully Disney does something responsible with it.

Also, if this was more unauthorized backstage shenanigans, then Disney needs to make examples of some people.

GlacierGlacier

They inside looks in great shape. Disney likely removed everything to dissuade souvenir hunters. Interesting to know if those were archived or not.

This is a real object of central Florida history so hopefully Disney does something responsible with it.

Also, if this was more unauthorized backstage shenanigans, then Disney needs to make examples of some people.
This guy has already been trespassed twice, and arrested once. If he gets caught again he's likely going to have the book thrown at him.

trainplane3

It's safe to say these are unauthorized shenanigans.
Wow, is it the same person?
Yep, it's Matt again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom