deleted

CP_alum08

We’ve done 3 parks a couple times but all 4 only once. It was several years ago before MDE, not sure if that made it any easier though. I believe we went bus to AK, bus to DHS, walk to EP, monorail to MK and I think AK had morning EMH.

I would say it was fun to check off the theoretical bucket list but probably not I’ll probably do again.

Good luck!

Tavernacle12

If I was going to knock out all four in a day, and had to do Slinky/Aliens first (and end with Illuminations), I'd get an early FP for Aliens, rope drop Slinky, and then run to AK for Kilimanjaro and Maharajah and lunch, then head to MK for Mansion (feel free to insert whichever your favorite ride is) and then monorail my way to Epcot by sunset to enjoy World Showcase Lagoon and grab some dinner.

You'd want to be out of HS and at AK by noon, out of AK by three, and out of MK by six or seven. You wouldn't have time for much at any part, but you could do your favorite short wait ride.

slappy magoo

Do Minnie Vans go park-to-park? Or does WDW still offer some kind park-to-park shuttle (last we went in 12/16, they were touting a park to park shuttle, but I don't know if Minnie vans supplanted them or they just stopped offering it)?

If so, use it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I did it once, on my 40th birthday. Started at AKL, then to DHS, on to Epcot, and finished the day getting my picture taken with Mickey at MK (we share the same birthday :cool: ). And we drove to each park, to reduce travel times. Since you want to do Slinky, you obviously would need to do DHS first. After that, it really depends on what you want to do in each park as to what order to visit them in.

Daddyoh

We are heading down for a fairly unplanned trip to WDW next week. Originally, we were just going to spend the day in DHS to see TSL, but we decided to get hoppers instead and possibly try to go to all the parks in one day. What is your advice for doing this? We don't have any fastpasses yet, because we haven't yet bought the tickets. And we want to make sure we see Slinky Dog Dash for the first time and Illuminations one last time.
Good Luck ? 1 Park a Day, maybe 2. Are you on vacation ? or still in the "Rat Race" ? enjoy yourselves don't kill yourselves.

RussM45

I am very supportive of trying for all four parks in a day. I have done it twice, and it was huge fun for me. In fact, once I also went to Islands of Adventure as well as all four Disney parks in the same day (and only confusion over the operating hours prevented me from doing one or two rides at Universal Studios as well). You need to be willing and able to do a lot of walking, but think of the health benefits of that! We used our own car for all transportation, which requires more walking but is probably faster, and certainly more predictable. Given the priorities are Slinky and IllumiNations, I might be inclined to start at whichever of AK or MK does not have EMH on your morning, then go to the other of those next. If you do AK first, skip Pandora, but you could do Everest, Dionosaur and the Safari without much waiting, then head for the MK, and use your three fastpasses for your favorites at MK. Under the circumstances a table service lunch might be a good break if you want to spend the money - you could probably get in at the Skipper Canteen in MK, which I think is pretty nice (if AK second, then Tiffins is excellent but very pricey). My inclination would then be to go to DHS in the late afternoon, and if it is necessary to do Slinky, just suck it up and wait in the line (but try refreshing the app to see about a last minute FP). Perhaps also do Tower of Terror and Rock and Roller if you can. I think the walk from DHS to Epcot's International Gateway is a nice walk, so I might walk over in time for IllumiNations, then walk back to the DHS parking lot.

Good luck.

KRW101

My daughter and I did all 4 parks in one day last fall. It was something we had wanted to do for a while. The planets aligned and we had a day we were able to do it. We marked it off the bucket list and will not do it again, it’s a bit much, or I could just be getting old.

tomast

We are heading down for a fairly unplanned trip to WDW next week. Originally, we were just going to spend the day in DHS to see TSL, but we decided to get hoppers instead and possibly try to go to all the parks in one day. What is your advice for doing this? We don't have any fastpasses yet, because we haven't yet bought the tickets. And we want to make sure we see Slinky Dog Dash for the first time and Illuminations one last time.
I did that so my advice is you should start at DHS first hour of the morning, for miday Friendship boats or bus to Epcot, enjoy the park, get on the monorail to MK! and yes, forget about AK

bh_trade

A guy I used to work with in Houston once bought park hoppers and visited his daughter who was attending UCF at the time. Their mission was to ride all the Disney coasters in a day - he said he and his daughter had a blast doing it, but RnRc was their last and they barely got that one in.

Note that this was also done under the former FP system which imo made it more "do-able" than the current system. He also mentioned that the travel time between parks was a bit cumbersome.

I now live near West Palm and my daughter will be attending TX State in the fall. Wondering if we should give it a whirl on her next visit....hmmm

nickys

Premium Member
Going to MK in the afternoon is the worst advice. I recommend MK from 6:00 to closing, if you're looking at queue line waits.

Maybe for wait times. But OP wanted to finish at Epcot. And a lot of families with little kids clear out afte4 the parade, which can definitely make a difference.

I had a fair bit of luck with making subsequent FPs at MK in the afternoons, even over Christmas and New Year. Granted if you want 7dmt and Space, BTMR maybe not so much.

If you’re doing 4 parks in one day then you have to make a call on what is more important. If OP wanted to end up in Epcot, then Mk makes sense immediately before it, especially if starting with EMH at DHS.

Missing20K

images

thomas998

Well folks, I'm back home now. :( we ended up doing Disney Springs the night we arrived, followed by two days at the parks. The first day was spent at DHS and EPCOT, and the second was spent at DAK and MK. I got to see Illuminations one last time, but unfortunately I missed Slinky due to poor planning on my part. :hilarious: I wanted to thank you all again for the advice. I really appreciated it.
Out of curiosity how long were the Slinky Dog lines for non-fastpassers? I'm guessing they were long enough that you couldn't justify waiting.... Which is a reason we don't really expect or plan on riding any of the newest rides at Disney when we go unless we have a fastpass pass. Lines generally just seem insanely long for any ride less than 3 years old as it seems to take at least 3 years for the newness factor start wearing off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom