deleted

ToTBellHop

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Crowd flow issues, aside, I think the total package here sounds nice. In a park with very little to do right now, I know my family will appreciate all of the extra festiveness this December (included in park admission!).

And a Christmas tree will return to being inside the park! This explains that Echo Lake refurbishment coming up.
Indeed, the Christmas tree back inside the park is a no-brainer and a welcome return.

YodaMan

If it's like the Tree of Like Awakenings, then this is exactly what this park needs. It's not a full show that people will camp out for, not is it big enough of a draw to bring in that many extra bodies to Studios. But it still gives something to do for the people who are already in the park.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
If it's like the Tree of Like Awakenings, then this is exactly what this park needs. It's not a full show that people will camp out for, not is it big enough of a draw to bring in that many extra bodies to Studios. But it still gives something to do for the people who are already in the park.
Sounds good in theory, but remember what happened with Tree of Life in its first few months? Everyone camps out.

YodaMan

Sounds good in theory, but remember what happened with Tree of Life in its first few months? Everyone camps out.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. With JBJB at Center Stage and Fant down Sunset, I feel like a large portion of park-goers will walking by this area too quickly to truly stop and camp out. Or this could of course backfire and no one goes to Fant or JBJB and Sunset becomes one giant road block.

durangojim

Cool! I love the retro Christmas theme and decorations at Hollywood Studios. Walking through the backlot to look at the houses decades ago was so much fun!

ToTBellHop

Next to the line for Fant.

Nothing says Christmas like Halloween in Hollywood in 1939.
A Nightmare Before Christmas overlay would've been clever.

Granted, the story of both ToT and RnRC clearly place them in "today" (off of a Sunset Blvd. set in the 1940s I think?). There have been story inconsistencies for 23 years.

Maybe if ToT doesn't look so spooky on the outside, my kids will be willing to ride!

The peculiar entertainment schedule during the holidays makes more sense now. Fantasmic and JBJB/SWAGS are mostly either at 6:30/7 or after park close. I'd imagine the time inbetween is when we are meant to view the new entertainment.

brb1006

I have mixed feeling about this so far. But I will keep my judgement until it officially debuts. I wonder if WDW might someday add more Christmas offerings to AK besides a bit of decorations and a Christmas tree near the entrance.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Halloween on Sunset Blvd would be far more appropriate than Christmas on Sunset Blvd. Just sayin'.

So, ToT will become a giant present, a giant gingerbread house, and will have snow projected on it during this nightly event? o_O :banghead:

I'd like to give them points for trying. Really, I would. But based on what I'm reading, I just can't.

brb1006

As long as they refrain from projecting a 199-foot tall Elsa doing a full performance of "Let It Go."
Who knows, it might be like World Of Color: Season Of Light at DCA where they used Frozen characters but actually avoided using any of the music from Frozen especially no Let It Go.

jt04

Halloween on Sunset Blvd would be far more appropriate than Christmas on Sunset Blvd. Just sayin'.

So, ToT will become a giant present, a giant gingerbread house, and will have snow projected on it during this nightly event? o_O :banghead:

I'd like to give them points for trying. Really, I would. But based on what I'm reading, I just can't.

I think the gingerbread idea is awesome. I mean they turn a castle turret into a spaceship and people love that because it looks fantastic. But thematically it does not fit necessarily.

Uni has decorated Hogwarts with decorations too. Not really seeing the difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom