deleted

roj2323

Really the only things worth celebrating about Epcot is that they haven't yet bulldozed Spaceship Earth to replace it with a sorcerers hat and they sell beer so at least you can get drunk enough to forget about the irreparable damage they have done over the years to cheapen the park and draw it away from it's founding principles.

OvertheHorizon

I still have a lot of love for Epcot, which I first visited in March 1983. I realize that some of the shows will eventually run their course (the world's view of energy today is certainly different than 35 years ago). But I'd take Horizons back in a heartbeat, along with the original Imaginations pavilion. What bothers me most is the dumb choices made over the years (graveyard and new paint on Innoventions, to name two). More IP may be inevitable, but please use the IP in furtherance of the Epcot story and not just as an opportunity to re-tell an IP story in a different venue (like Nemo at The Living Seas). I'm sure Nemo could tell us a lot about the sea, and we can go watch his movie to learn more about him.

asianway

Really the only things worth celebrating about Epcot is that they haven't yet bulldozed Spaceship Earth to replace it with a sorcerers hat and they sell beer so at least you can get drunk enough to forget about the irreparable damage they have done over the years to cheapen the park and draw it away from it's founding principles.
SSE, AA, and the greenhouse. Im sure all 3 are on the chopping block in some fashion

Princess Leia

The 1993 film was re edited in 2007.
I should have clarified the question lol. Anything from the past 10 years? Since we're losing Obama's inauguration speech from HoP, I was hoping Disney would add a 2 second clip of his family walking down Penn avenue from 2008. I'd also accept the Cubs breaking their 108 year curse and winning the World Series last year (even though that still hurts to admit as a Cleveland fan).
One change you can bet on is the final montage. Famous liar and cheater, Lance Armstrong, won't be in the film any longer.
If you have the chance, watch HBO's 'Tour de Pharmacy'. Lance Armstrong has one of the funniest cameos I've seen in a long time.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
One change you can bet on is the final montage. Famous liar and cheater, Lance Armstrong, won't be in the film any longer.
Interesting tidbit about that...a study found the drug that got Lance stripped of his 7 Tour de France titles doesn't work.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...nce-seven-titles-not-work-study-a7816181.html

If you have the chance, watch HBO's 'Tour de Pharmacy'. Lance Armstrong has one of the funniest cameos I've seen in a long time.
That was one of the funniest films I have seen in recent memory.

disreport

Land boats should get a refresh. AmAd a new digital finale film.

On our last trip, I thought the Golden Dreams sequence projection quality was decent. Everything before it (e.g. picture stills, projected backgrounds, etc) looked pretty rough though. Any idea why the difference?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
On our last trip, I thought the Golden Dreams sequence projection quality was decent. Everything before it (e.g. picture stills, projected backgrounds, etc) looked pretty rough though. Any idea why the difference?
That I don't know. Unless it's the age and technique of the re edited finale vs the rest of the projection.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom