Decisions.....Decisions

markymark

Original Poster
Ok then, We are going to Paris this weekend for an overnight stay. We are getting to Paris at about 10 am and not leaving until 10pm the next day.

What should I do.......

Option 1

Spend day in Paris, go to DLP for full day

Option 2

Spend day 1 in Studios and day 2 in DLP

What are your views guys, bearing in mind I will be going back for New Year for 3 night's ?

grandmath

If you'll be back to DLRP for Christmas, you could go for one day at the parkS, as you could visit the Studios from 9 am to 5 pm and then head back to the Disneyland park for 3 hours, and thus have a nice introduction to it with enough time to look around.

markymark

Original Poster
Originally posted by grandmath
If you'll be back to DLRP for Christmas, you could go for one day at the parkS, as you could visit the Studios from 9 am to 5 pm and then head back to the Disneyland park for 3 hours, and thus have a nice introduction to it with enough time to look around.

hmmmmmmmm......GOOD IDEA!

neilybealy

sorry i am confused about what you meant...........

i thought you were asking if you should spend a day in Paris itself.....

why not spend day 1 in the Studios and then day 2 in the main park........

that way if it doesn't take all day to get through Studios you can goto the main park

neil

:p

markymark

Original Poster
Originally posted by neilybealy
sorry i am confused about what you meant...........

i thought you were asking if you should spend a day in Paris itself.....

why not spend day 1 in the Studios and then day 2 in the main park........

that way if it doesn't take all day to get through Studios you can goto the main park

neil

:p

I was considering 1 day in Paris itself and then a day at DLP, but then thought about missing Paris altogether, and "doing" the 2 parks.

neilybealy

I've only been to Paris once and that was a day trip via the chunnel........

I went up the Eiffel Tower and a couple of other places but you really need more than 1 day to see everything properly.......

so I would skip Paris and concentrate on Disney !!

:D

markymark

Original Poster
I've only been to Paris once and that was a day trip via the chunnel........

I went up the Eiffel Tower and a couple of other places but you really need more than 1 day to see everything properly.......

so I would skip Paris and concentrate on Disney !!

:D

LOL!!! yeah, I have actually been to Paris twice already so I think you might be right!

tenchu

Go to the pubs. No, I'd say spend the first few hours in paris, then the rest of the day and the next day in the parks.

markymark

Original Poster
Originally posted by grandmath
Or one morning in Paris, then the afternoon until 8 pm at the studios (you'll see everything) and next day at DL.

Actually, I think this will be the one we choose. I want to spend some time in Paris really, plus we will be going back at New Year.

I guess whether or not we make it to the studios depends on how much we drink during the day!

AdLibSean

From the sounds of Mouseplanet's article on the Studios in Paris, I wouldn't waste my time or money on it. I'm sure you'll find more to do in Paris. I'd pick Option 1. Thats just me though.

grandmath

it's ridiculous... this thought is the one of the editor and doesn't reflect the general feeling at all... when the review was posted it was a preview and rainy day. All attractions weren't working and some needed to be fixed. As of now it is a really good park, much better than MGM at its opening. Ok it's small and looks kinda cheap in some corners, but the attractions are top-notch, and mostly unique in Paris (Stunt Show, Cinemagique, Animagique, Armageddon, different version of RRC...) With a good weather, you'll enjoy it for sure. And remember, DL park is just next door...

markymark

Original Poster
Originally posted by AdLibSean
From the sounds of Mouseplanet's article on the Studios in Paris, I wouldn't waste my time or money on it. I'm sure you'll find more to do in Paris. I'd pick Option 1. Thats just me though.

I'm with grandmath here.

People seem to forget how few attractions MGM Studios had when it opened.

markymark

Original Poster
i've only been to mgm studios once in 1990 and i cannot believe they've still got indiana jones there !!

LOL, yeah I know!

It is very popular though, although NOT one of my fave's

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom