Decided on Dates! And some questions...Mothers Day?

mandib

When things go bad what does my family do? We decide to go to WDW. The last week has just been horrible-my sister didn't make the play at the local college, I didn't make the softball team at school when I was on it last year, and my dad has so much stress he actually got out of the car at a stop light. So in conclusion we need a trip to our favorite place. After looking at my schedule and realizing how much I hated my school right now I decided that I'm taking off the first week in May. I forgot that thats a VERY big weekend because of the Happiest Homecoming on earth celebration. Now I get to see everything new! I just needed to share my excitement with people who would care.
Does anyone have any suggestions on stuff not done by a lot of people? We've been there I think 11 times so we've done the norm, but whats off the beaten path? Also what are the crowds like in early May? The last time we were there during that time was in 1994 and I'm sure attendance has spiked since then. We're leaving on Mother's Day but we're thinking about doing the Mother's Day Brunch at Epcot on the 7th. Has anyone done that before? Is it worth it?
Thanks everyone! 56 days! And only 16 days until I turn 16. I guess my life isn't over because of softball! :)

DisneyCrazyGirl

I will be there May 4 - May 10. I asked the same questions a little weary about the crowds that may appear for the Happiest Celebration on Earth. However, I do not think anyone can predict how crowded it is going to be.

People on this board said typically the first week of May is not that bad, crowd wise, but this year may be an exception! We called Disney and asked about the crowds ... stay away from MK on Saturday and Epcot on Sunday (mother's day). I assume everyone will be out to eat on Sunday!

Also, not sure this still exists but isn't May the month Disney offers incredible discounts to Florida residents? Not sure, but I do remember hearing it in the past!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Congrats!!! The idea for a trip is AWESOME!!!!!! As far as stuff not a lot of people do, I would suggest the keys to the Kingdom Tour. it is a 5 hour walking backstage tour through the Magic Kingdom. You will get a whole lot of really cool info on how it was built, design of the buildings, going backstage and into the utilidors underneath the Magic Kingdom. I thought t was pretty awesome and would do it again in a heartbeat. The other not so commonly known thing for me if the band, Off Kilter in the Canada Pavilion in EPCOT. They are a Celtic Rock bandwho is just a bit Off Kilter. They take traditional Celtic music and change it up to include Country, Rock and thhey even have an original song that is Rap!!! to get an idea if you would like this group, you can go to thier own website, www.offkilter.net. The first song that will play is Follow me off to Carlow. Once that is done go to the Music section and they have sound clips from thier albums. Some are traditional songs changed up, some are oroginal compositions of the band. Let me know if you have any questions on them , and I will try my best to answer them!!! Above all have a great time at the Happiest Place in the World!!! Belle

Upvote 0

mandib

Original Poster
I really would like to do Keys to the Kingdom but my little sister is still only 10. Oh well. I think I saw Off Kilter one of these trips but I can't remember. Maybe I'll stop by and actually watch for awhile. I'll go check out the website later. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom