Decent places to stay outside of disney

MickeyMind

Original Poster
Looking for a decent place to spend a weekend (outside of disney) that wont cost an arm and a leg. I am a florida resident but its hard to find the hotels that offer florida resident discounts..

I have been looking but all the cheap hotels that are outside of disney all have horrible reviews. We dont need anything fancy, if there were any motels in the area with clean rooms, that would be ideal (hate having to spend almost $200 for a decent room when all we are going to be doing there is basically sleeping)

Does anyone have any recommendations? we were looking at either this weekend or next but prices seem to be a bit more than we have experienced in the past years.

I know spring break is coming up next month, but I dont remember it ever being this hard to find a good hotel room at a decent price, why have the parks been so crowded?

bethymouse

There are so many to choose from in the Orlando area. Look it up on the internet.
Also check into renting DVC ( Disney Vacation Club).

SecondStarTilMorning

Looking for a decent place to spend a weekend (outside of disney) that wont cost an arm and a leg. I am a florida resident but its hard to find the hotels that offer florida resident discounts..

I have been looking but all the cheap hotels that are outside of disney all have horrible reviews. We dont need anything fancy, if there were any motels in the area with clean rooms, that would be ideal (hate having to spend almost $200 for a decent room when all we are going to be doing there is basically sleeping)

Does anyone have any recommendations? we were looking at either this weekend or next but prices seem to be a bit more than we have experienced in the past years.

I know spring break is coming up next month, but I dont remember it ever being this hard to find a good hotel room at a decent price, why have the parks been so crowded?

DUDE!

Wyndham bonnet creek. It's located on property next to Caribbean Beach. It's a timeshare resort that is AMAZING. Huge 1 bedroom suites with jacuzzi's, California king bed, large balconies, high rise views if wdw and illuminations, full kitchen, living area, dining area, washer dryer. Pools galore- including pirate themed pool. Lazy river, mini golf. It's paradise for a family. If you know where to look you can get if for $90 a night. For the price of most disney deluxe resorts you could get a presidential suite that is unreal.

deanaandrich

I stayed at the springhill suites on Vineland just outside of downtown disney last weekend. There is a cluster of Marriott hotels together. Very clean hotel, nice size rooms with sofa beds and free breakfast.
We have also stayed at grande villas in the past couple months. Those are nice with full kitchen, living rooms and large bathrooms. Only downfall is is the walls are very thin and if you aren't an early riser, you will probably hear a lot from your neighbors.
Being a passholder and going to disney on a regular basis, we don't stay over very much as I only live 40 minutes away. But I also don't see the need to stay on property when I can visit resorts at anytime.
It is spring break for a lot of kids right now, so expect busy parks and crowded hotels.

ParentsOf4

Yes, I have a recommendation: Wyndham Bonnet Creek. It's actually located within WDW. I was able to get a 2-bedroom suite (larger than a 2-bedroom DVC) for $120/night during Thanksgiving week through eBay.

Since you are from FL I assume you'll have a car. Be warned that parking is a pain.

EmmabaRose

Destiny palms hotel. It's where we will be staying, not too far from Disney, and they do great room and ticket packages. My fiancé stayed there last year and approves, and he is OCD when it comes to hotels lol!

ImagineerDude

We stay at Mystic Dunes, a timeshare resort on a quiet road off the main road that goes to Disney...it's about 2 miles away from the world drive gate and it has views of the fireworks! We own here and highly regret not getting a DVC but it's really nice with a week around $400 maybe???

Jim Chandler

Cypress Pointe it is part of the Diamond Resorts Vacation Club. Rooms are around $180 and you can walk to Disney Market Place. We own both DR and DVC and use Cypress for relatives and when we go with relatives saving DVC for my wife and I. One other person said Mystic Dunes and I liked that place as well.

woodardfamily

Sheraton Vistana Villages on I-drive is superb! We have also stayed at Vacation Village at Parkway. Although the rooms were nicer at VV, we preferred the resort amenities at Vistana Villages. You can't go wrong with either one.

PolynesianPrincess

We own at Vistana on Vineland, right around the corner from the WDW DTD entrance. We love it there. Sometimes when we book too late though, we have to trade to another property and we've stayed at Mystic Dunes (as someone above posted) and Vacation Village at Parkway, which is right next to Arabian Nights. We stayed at Orange Lakes Resort last year and that was really nice, too. Another hidden gem we liked was Cypress Palms which is located off 192. There is a path and you can walk to Cracker Barrell, Olived Garden and Krispy Kreme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom