December 7-14, 2008??

Jones611

I booked the Animal Kingdom Lodge for the week of December 7-14th back in April. I looked on disneyworld.com today and they are showing no availability in any resorts for that week!! :eek: Does the Pop Warner thing really make it that busy?? I was hoping for a kind of slow time but it looks like it will be busy. At least it won't be 100 degrees! :sohappy:

jjgoo

We'll be there for that week too and we were not able to apply the recent discount to our reservation. People keep saying though that the parks are not too crowded.

The booked hotels could also be room blocks that have not been released yet. You might see in a month and a half all of a sudden there is a lot of availability.

We'll keep our fingers crossed for low numbers in the parks. See you there!:wave:

Upvote 0

Jones611

Original Poster
Yeah, I've been reading the same thing about the Pop Warner stuff. I just didn't think that event would effect the Deluxe resorts. I bet you're right about the room blocks. At least I'm hoping that's it. :)

Even if it is busy I'm still so excited about going! I love Disney at Christmas! There's nothing better!

Upvote 0

CatsMeow

We were there during Pop Warner and Mousefest weeks last year. The resorts are mostly booked, but the parks - except for MGM in our case - were not too crowded.

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
We were there during Pop Warner and Mousefest weeks last year. The resorts are mostly booked, but the parks - except for MGM in our case - were not too crowded.

I am hoping that holds true this year as well. I haven't been at WDW for Christmas (except the year I was a CM) since I was about 8 years old and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!! :xmas::xmas::xmas:

Upvote 0

CatsMeow

I am hoping that holds true this year as well. I haven't been at WDW for Christmas (except the year I was a CM) since I was about 8 years old and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!! :xmas::xmas::xmas:

It's funny - our resort was so crowded that the CM asked us if all of PA was there at the same time! ;) Early December used to be a relatively quiet time, but that is no longer the case. The last time we were there in early December prior to last year's trip was in 1989 as part of the DCL trip. It was really nice! However, we did not notice the parks' being too bad last year; busy, but not crazy. However, I will say that if you are planning on seeing the Osborne Lights (and it sounds like you might be), get to DHS quite early. The lights come on just about at dusk (between 5:30 & 6:00 p.m.) and that was really mobbed last year. It was almost impossible to walk down the streets; I've never seen it like that before. Get there early and scope out a good spot - maybe at the end of the street so you can get the total effect when the lights come on. It is worth it....the lights are terrific! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

We will be there on the same dates as well! Hopefully the parks won't be too bad. I usually go the first week of December and never had a problem with Pop Warner or crowds. See you there :wave:

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

They were also running a bounce-back offer in the hotel rooms during your visit May-July where you could book your vacation before you left and get up to 40% off the room and I believe that first week was included in the offer. They knew that most people if they knew it was Pop Warner time, they wouldn't book and were trying to get them to change their mind with such a good offer.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom