December 2009 Trip

snhuff

My family (myself, wife, three year old son, mom and dad) are going to Disney Dec 5 – 12 this year. We all went in Feb of this year and had a blast. That was our first time so we did not do much planning, this time I hope to be more prepared. I will briefly layout the trip and would be glad to hear from Disney veterans with any advice or changes. We are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort and using the free dinning plan. Parents are in their 70s so keep that in mind.

Arrive on Saturday, will go to Epcot for the afternoon and eat at Garden Grill (my son loves chip n dale).

Sunday we plan to spend the day at Magic Kingdom then eat at Ohana (my dad loved it last time), then watch the fireworks from the Poly beach. Anyone know what time the fireworks are scheduled for in December?

Monday we are going to Hollywood, not sure where to eat this night as I have not read much good about the restaurants there. We usually like to rest before dinner anyway so the location is not a huge deal as long as the bus swapping is not to bad.

Tuesday we are doing Chef Mickey for breakfast and checking out Downtown Disney for a little while. Plan to do the Christmas party that night. Kind of wondering if it is worth it? Will cost the 5 of us around 250 I believe.

Wednesday morning we are planning to go back to the Magic Kingdom for a few hours. That afternoon we will go to Epcot and eat at Le Clellier (if we can get the ADR).

Thursday we will spend the day at Animal Kingdom and return to the Poly again, this time to eat at Kona. Also plan to go back over to Magic Kingdom for the night Parade if we have time.

Friday I have no idea where we will go or where we will eat yet. Might just make a ADR at our resort for that afternoon and if we change our mind and get somewhere else if we can. Or maybe make one in Downtown Disney for the night?
Thanks in advance for any responses.

Mukta

Since you have a young child and older parents, I highly recommend taking breaks in the afternoon. Get up early, go to the parks at opening and enjoy attractions until 2 or so.
Then go back to your hotel and rest until 5. Go back to the park and enjoy dinner and the evening activities.
Your Thursday plans make it seem like you have the park hopper option. If you don't like the DHS eating options, eat in the World Showcase on Monday. Then take the boat back to DHS.
I think the Xmas party can be worth it if you guys enjoy the holiday and seeing the park decorated.
I love the restaurant Boma. On the day I go to the AK, I usually eat at Boma.
Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0
Hello-
We will also be there at the same time- 12/4-12/12. The schedule of park hours just came out in another forum titled hot off the press- dec hours. Take a look at that because it looks like the days you want to see fireworks and the night parade at MK- it isn't scheduled to be on:mad:.
We are also doing Garden Grill and Chef Mickeys. I have a 2 1/2 year old girl. In AK we were thinking about doing Tusker House one night.
We can make our ADR's soon this weekend. Good Luck. If I think of anything else I will post again. :xmas:

Upvote 0

DecWDW

I'll be there at that time too. If your folks need a bit of a breather, but don't want to go all the way back to your hotel, try the lobbies of nearby the hotels. They're all decorated for Christmas and very comfortable.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom